"I was lucky," a man explained to me. "One of my first mentors in life made me practice serenity. Whenever I'd call him in full-blown panic mode or with that frantic tone in my voice, he'd refuse to talk to me until I calmed myself down.
"'Go get centered,' he'd tell me. 'Then we'll talk.'" Sometimes we need help working through our panic, anxiety, and fear. Find someone to talk to who will support serenity, rather than feed anxiety. Learn to recognize turmoil and urgency in your body, speech, emotions, and thought. Learn what it feels like to be centered and calm. Practicing serenity is a learned behavior and an art.

6 comments:
I'm learned how to calm myself. It took some doing but I managed it. You're going to laugh at this.... if there is something to worry about mentally throw the worry over my shoulder and tell myself I will worry about it tomorrow.
" Learn to recognize turmoil and urgency in your body, speech, emotions, and thought."
Yes, I truly think that's the key - to recognize these things. I know for me, my body will often be the first thing that gives me the clue.
I can't tell how grateful I am for Reiki because it helps me tremendously though these times, to get back to center. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it.
X
This is a very special lesson for me just now. Thank you.
This sounds like very good advice and great way to go about ridding one's self of anxiety. Like most lessons, easier said than done, at least for me. I don't know what that means to be "centered". Words thrown out there but not defined. I used to think I was dumb, but it is not that at all. It's not catching on to the lingo as I try to heal from the inside.
That's why I don't call anyone. It is the last thing I need to be ignored by someone that I think of as a friend as they tell me to cool off. I'll carry it to its resting place and move on.
Peace
Amen on this one.
With fear,anger,panic,or whatever is negative, clear thinking is not possible.
Take 5 and come back...
I'm learning that. And it's kinda nice to know I have control. And can ask for some help. But the responsibility is ultimately mine.
Post a Comment