Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ta da!!

When it takes you all day to clean the coffee pot.....and that wears you out--pretty good clue that there's something not quite right.
Seriously.
All day.
Fill it up with cleaner--start it.....stop it and let it sit.
Repeat.  (yikes it was awful!)
Rinse.
Rinse again.
Rinse again.
Rinse again.
Rinse one more time for good measure.

Now--that means you crutch into the kitchen, manipulate crutches so you can get the stuff from the cupboards, fill up the pot, slidddddddde it across the counter to the coffee maker while you inch your way to said cruddy coffee maker, manipulate crutches some more to get into another cupboard for filters--pour the gunk into the coffee maker......and crutch back to the livingroom where you work on a puzzle, read a book, crochet a bit, watch a bit of nonsense television, step out to enjoy a bit of sunshine on the front porch even--and then do it all over again.
And again.
And again.
And again and again and again.

And let's not forget the bit about pulling the trashcan's lid off, emptying the filter into the trash with one hand as you balance on crutches with the other--and mutter cuz the filter's stuck in the coffee maker's basket.  Oh, and then there's the balancing act to manipulate and put the darn lid back on the trashcan.......geeze......
Not once--not twice....but six times.
Why I didn't think to leave the lid off--don't ask.

I slept really, really well.
And I have GREAT coffee this morning--in record time!

I wonder what great adventure I can involve myself in today?!

Dare to Have Joy:  

*  Of course......a clean coffee maker!  Woohoo!!
*  The smiling Frankenstein coffee mug I refused to pack up with the Halloween things.
*  283 days until Halloween!! (yes, I'm counting!)

5 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

oh you poor dear-here i go, just for you, trying to leave a comment on blogger again. i am almost ready to just email you instead.

this sounds dicey to me and you are very liable to just fall backward and break your head open. how come they won't put a walking cast on you yet? you must have some broken leg there, girl.

i hear you. i wouldn't be doing it but making h. do it instead...mutter...mad at him today and and and. life sometimes ain't want we want but we get what we get anyway. maybe go online instead of stupid tv-agree with the nonsense part-i think i would be crazy by now but then i already am so what's new there. not in a good space myself, at least not at the moment, but that can change in the next, one of the reasons i am not in a good space at the moment.

xoxoxoxxo and take care of you. i would hate to have you fall over and crack your head open ... all for cleanliness. it's not what it's cracked up to be either. :)

L'Adelaide said...

i've been meaning to say there's ONE thing nice about you having all this time on your hands and that's having your lovely comments on my blog posts. it's nice to have an intelligent conversation-well as intelligent as an online convo can be anyway- so there's one for that side of the equation. much love my dear and take care of you. please. ♥

Ron said...

Well, I'm hoping after ALL that, you had a wonderful great adventure today, Mel!

AND...a clean coffee maker. Which reminds me, I need to get a new French press this week because my old one has a broken piece on the top, which makes the 'plunger thingie' hard to use.

"283 days until Halloween!! (yes, I'm counting!)"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Love it, Mel!!!

X

Carol said...

BUT you now have a clean coffee maker...and I be the coffee tastes GREAT today...so all the effort was worth it!

*sniggers* at your 283 days to halloween

C x

barb said...

I can imagine well each step feeling like an eternity...
You are courageous and motivatated.
And you did it. YAY!!!

I remember when I had my leg mishap and was on crutches the ammount of calculation and planning to do the simplest things.

Well done!