Friday, January 18, 2013

Who ARE you.....

Every once in a while someone asks me "who ARE you......really......"

I'm never quite sure how to respond to them.
Being the trusting soul I am, I 'warp speed' into looking for their hidden agenda....some crumb that discounts them actually wanting to come to know ME...looking for that bit that they're really asking.

I'm a child of G-d.

I'm NOT my occupation, what I choose to do/what I'm purposed to do and have done for 35 years.
I'm NOT the disease of choice for the day--though I do have a host of them that I get to use for the good of others....and me cuz that's how it works.
I'm NOT the outside package that might or might not be suitably dressed for one of the many roles I get to step into.
I'm NOT the proud 'owner' of children--though I am blessed to have them in my life.
I'm NOT the role that society puts me in...though I have 'earned' the titles by right of passage.

I'm a child of G-d.
A lover of sunrises and sunsets.
An agitator in the washing machine.

Dare to Have Joy:

*  Finishing the 3D jigsaw puzzle.  
*  Sitting in the sunshine with my blankie.
*  Managing steps on crutches is reason to celebrate!

8 comments:

linda said...

well...tried 1-4x, now once more, good thing i copied it first, something i have to always do on blogger now..geez... :(

good morning mel...this is such a beautiful post today. so true... and your phrase "agitator in the washing machine" made me laugh and nod in recognition. i too am one of those things.... as well as a whole bunch of other things. and your sunrise this morning was glorious. thank you for being you, sweet mel. xoxoxo

ps- i have been sick so am behind in replying to comments on my blog. i plan on that today but wanted to visit my fave blogs first. xoxox just so you know i'e read and appreciate your words to me. :)

Ron said...

"I'm a child of G-d.
A lover of sunrises and sunsets.
An agitator in the washing machine."

Bwhahahahahahaha...Mel I LOOOOOOOOOOVE that!

"An agitator in the washing machine"

Me too, dear lady, me too.

But I think 'we Libra's' are born that way - to talk about the pink elephant in the room!

(((((( You )))))

X

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

And what a perfect thing to be. I am so very glad to have you coming into my life Mel. Thank you. So much.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

All that..
and a splash of beguiling elusiveness.
A wonderful mix.♥

Amy @ Soul Dipper said...

AND...on top of that, I see a bunch of other good things that you are. Example?

Incredible sister
Vibrant grandmother
Lovingly precocious wife
Faithful blogger
Halloween Hobblegoblin

That's enough for now...

:D



mig said...

Oh Mel! What you are is a beacon, a glow of warmth, a sense of humour and joy, a defence against the contrary tides, a breach in walls of ignorance and unkindness.
And that's just online. As to who you are? A dear friend at the very least, to me anyway.
xxxx

Carol said...

Really!? People actually ask "who ARE you....really..."...and it's happened more than once!? Blimey! You know some, erm, yeah...don't think I've ever been asked that in my entire life!!

C x

barb said...

Hi Mel,

You are right to ask the question that you ask.
We all should now and then, as we get too set in the confines of our roles.

A child of God should be everyone's first answer.
Ans hey, if you can be an "agitator in a washing machine" make it a good long wash, coming out clean & shiny!

With love.
xox