Of all the negative emotions, resentment diminishes us the most.
It brings unwarranted anger toward those who have something we want, and self-pity for ourselves.
It drains us of the energy we need to change our lives and work toward goals.
Resentment keeps us in a rigid judgment of who "should" and who "should not" achieve success; all "should" attitudes are pointless, breeding discontent and wasting time.
Above all, resentment is ugly to see and even uglier to feel.
When I'm resentful, I feel hatred toward others and myself.
Today, I ask for the humility to accept my limitations, without resenting others who have exceeded them. I ask for the courage to pursue my own goals, not comparing myself to others.

2 comments:
As far as I can remember, I don't think I've ever felt resentful or even jealous. It must be awful to be plagued by those feelings.
Mel, it's so ironic that you posted this today because I was just thinking about this exact topic yesterday. Resentment. And also jealousy.
Honestly, I myself have never felt these things towards anyone, but I know many people who do.
And quiet frankly, I don't understand it.
"Resentment keeps us in a rigid judgment of who "should" and who "should not" achieve success; all "should" attitudes are pointless, breeding discontent and wasting time."
Amen!
Thanks for sharing, dear lady!
X
Post a Comment