Wednesday, January 09, 2013
QOTW
When you're 'stuck' in a problem/attitude/situation what gets you 'unstuck'?
See the 'Keeper' on the sidebar.
I let my 'problems' be my identity for a very long time. I let my job, my financial status, my disease, my friends/family/acquaintences 'define' me for a very long time.
None of those things define me.
I'm not any of the above items. That little 'Keeper' of a thought is kept for a reason. *I* limit me..I get in the way of my own growingness when I stay 'stuck'.
What gets me unstuck is the truth that I'm stuck--because until I'm willing to own that I AM stuck, I'll stay stuck.....sometimes for a very long time. And I have a history of staying stuck--and a history of the Big Guy helping things hit the 'intolerable' point in order for my attention to be gotten so I can SEE that 'Keeper'. And this is why I continue to align myself with people who'll tell me the truth, even if it hurts my little fragile feelings. LOL I prefer that awakening over the bottoming out 'stuff'.
Surrounding myself with people who care about my life MORE than they care about 'not upsetting Mel', surrounding myself with people who will help me be accountable--therein lies the anti-stick serum! LOL
Once they've gotten my attention--pen (pencil actually) to paper cuz it slows down my brain that likes to rationalize and justify and explain away why I'm doing what I'm doing.
And then I share that stuff with someone else. (again with the accountability)
I don't know what works for other people. I do know that when I have that accountability, I tend to have more than a 'half hearted attempt' to unstick ME.
No accountability--I'm apt to do GREAT lip service......and no real action.
I've got well practiced lips! LOL
Right.
Like THAT'S something to brag about........*snickering*
Probably not--but I just did. ROFL
Dare to Have Joy:
* The wee bits of paper I'm folding--somehow that makes my heart happy.
* The sea rocks and shells in the lamp...and the sound of the sea when I pass by them.
* The fuzzy bear blanket that gets delivered to me wherever I park myself during the course of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yes, I've seen and read "Keeper" many times while on your blog, Mel!
"we must begin focusing on solutions, not just on our problems."
I think that's the key (and the challenge) because often we feel that focusing ON the problem will give us greater clarity. But (for me, anyway), if I actually step away from the problem and do something completely different (distract myself from it), the clarity comes.
And in ways I never thought.
It seems that the more 'thought' I give to a problem, the bigger it gets.
That's why it's important for me to step away. Even if it means watching one of my favorite comedy movies, while sitting at home.
*eating apple slices dipped in peanut butter!
YUM-MY!
X
Mel,
I not being one to turn up my nose to self development, I shall visit the Keeper :)
Barb
This hits home Mel dear. Thank you again.
We are our own worst enemies sometimes. I've blogged about it and drawn about it...about how we limit ourselves by the cages we create. Breaking out of them is definitely a good thing but its something that only we can do (albeit with a bit of prompting from our nearest and dearest!)
C x
Post a Comment