Wednesday, February 27, 2013

*sighing!!*

Me.
Kindle.
Couch.

I'm not a happy bunny.
And if I were a happy bunny I'd have a purple rabbit's foot.
As is, I'm a crabby human....with a purple humans' foot.

Consequently.....
Me.
Kindle.
Couch.

*sigh*

Limit the time standing they tell me....
Normal they tell me.
I damaged muscle and nerves they tell me.

....k....
There IS no more "up time" to surrender!

....
Me.
Kindle.
Couch.

7 comments:

Ron said...

"I damaged muscle and nerves they tell me."

Oh nooooooooo.....Mel.

"There IS no more "up time" to surrender!"

OMG...I know what you mean because there were certain times in my life when I would cry out, "Okay...enough with the surrendering stuff!!!"

Just know that I'm sharing with you MUCH energy for healing, dear lady.

(((((((( You )))))))))

And thank heavens you just recently got a new pressie (Kindle) because at least it makes the couch a 'little' more fun.

(((((((( You )))))))))

X

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

But it will all heal... yes? Please say 'yes'. In the meantime, try to relax on the couch ... with the Kindle. Remedial hug on its way.

Carol said...

Bugger!! Still, at least you have a comfy couch!! AND I can recommend some good books that will whisk you away to another time and another place...you'll not even notice that your on the sofa I promise!

Check out 'Tuesdays with Morrie' by Mitch Albom. Fabulous (but will make you cry) about what is actually important in this old life of ours.

Or, if that's not your cup of tea, and you fancy something that will make you laugh then you can't really go wrong with anything by Christopher Brookmyre (His Jack Parlabane series featuring an Edinburgh Journalist are very good...rather, erm, choice language but very funny)

Or if you fancy a crime thriller you could do worse that try 'The Blackhouse' by Peter May. (Yes, I know he's my Dad and you might think I would say that but those closest to us are our biggest champions and harshest critics and I think it's the best thing he's ever written)

Or if you fancy being whisked away to a fictional land (and if you love books you will LOVE these) try Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series. Thursday works as an police officer in the world of fiction and the books feature characters from pretty much every book you can think of...Heathcliff is in there (he gets therapy), Miss Havasham is in there, the Cheshire Cat...you name it! Very very clever and very funny!

C x

mig said...

Oh Mel I'm sorry. (((((((((Mel)))))))))))
Good thing you have the kindle!

Amy @ Soul Dipper said...

Oh oh...Officer Down!

I'm having a special morning and treating myself to my blog friends. So I shall read on and see which instructions you didn't follow, you wickedly precocious woman. XO

I can empathize, Mel - I thought of you lots during my time of lying or standing. And I only had to do that for a few days...

Yep, my heart's firmly sending Love's healing energy.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Lord...would you hurry up the healing for Mel...Please!?
[hugs]