No weight.
Lock when standing.
TWO things I have to remember at all times.
Yeah, well.....I have the 'no weight' deal down pretty good!
NO weight.
Rest the foot on the floor do the fake standing bit.
And then.......there's 'lock and load'.
Yeah, well...notsomuch 100% on the 'lock and load' bit. Seems I stand up at least once a day without locking the darn thing.
And this morning--instead of the 'allowed' 90 degrees one side was set for 150 degrees. I thought the darn thing was wearing funny.... *shrugs*
I went to stand this morning and there was this.....white thingy headbandy thingy that was attached to the crutches. He-who-knows(!) decided a bit of a 'reminder' would be a good idea. Yeah--considering I swore and sat back down.....I'd say it did it's job.
Oh, but I saw the BUG!!
"I haven't seen Nana since I was three years old!" she told her mom. It worked! She's soooooo good! Mom brought her over for the afternoon and she opened prezzies! (yes.....we finally got to give her prezzies from December!...oy...)
And she was very, very good. Followed behind me with her hands out "I will catch you, Nana." as I crutched from point A to point B.
The little booger drug out every toy from her little stash (along with the new toys) and picked 'em up, too. Mighta been with help from Grandad--but still! She brought cookies for Grandad to colour--"Nana's 'lergic, grandad--come colour with me so we can eat cookies." AND she showed grandad how baby cows drink milk from their mommy cows. (He was needing the education, apparently.....LOL)
We snuggled and hugged and laughed and played.
And then they left.
And then they hit a car on the way home.
AUGHHHHH!
No one was hurt, thank goodness. Bit of a fender bender but all is well.
Bug called to let me know her cows didn't get hurt and it was 'okay'.
Nobody "had braces", dontchaknow.....
6 comments:
I was really enjoying this post till I got to the 'and then they hit a car' part and I think my heart about stopped!! Soooo soooo glad that everyone is ok and only the car got hurt!!
Phew, think I might have to go lie down after the stress of that!!
C x
Hi Mel,
Oh no; everyone was happy and then your family had a fender-bender...
Thank God that they are all safe.
That is so wonderful to have had your little Bug. Awwwhhh; Christmas in February.
Easy goes with the braces.
xox
"Yeah--considering I swore and sat back down.....I'd say it did it's job"
Yup...I know I would have sworn too - HA!
I was sooooooooo happy and excited to read about seeing the Bug again. So glad you guys had a great time celebrating Christmas. Oh, how FUN that must have been.
And I'm also VERY happy to hear that no one was hurt during the fender bender - whew!
X
we should all have that perspective on life.. no cows were hurt , no braces...
~smile~
Well, thank goodness nobody got hurt in the collision.
The way you write makes me smile, Mel. Thank goodness you have a man-who-knows-things to remind you of what to do with those crutches.
Well how lovely of her to let you know that there were no braces needed. Obviously she's taken it all in an knows what needs to be told to Nana.
Very very glad there were no injuries though.
Post a Comment