Saturday, July 20, 2013

Absolutely Fair Week!

Right.....patio is washed off and the 'stuff' for today's 'in and out cuz we're going to the fair' is pretty much as organized as it's going to be.
OH boy is it mid July...
Heat index to the 105 degree mark, you can bet it's been a sweaty event.  But don't think the heat's keeping folks away!  Notsomuch.  They packed some 24 thousand folks into the concert last night.  And tonight's Keith Urban concert is sold out--has been for some time.

Himself is a bit grumbly.  I'm not sure when he started the grumbling bits--I thought he liked fair week. LOL  Yes, well, that's apparently changed and it's a constant "It's one week of the year...." reminder.  We DO become popular during this week.  LOL  I think we'll have five cars parked in the yard for easy access to the fairgrounds today.
Darn that it'll be full enough that I won't be designing my "PARK HERE!!  For 1 HUG" sign to irritate the surrounding neighbors who charge strangers to park on their lawn.  MIGHT do it anyway.  LOL  It's good fun, and gives the neighbors something to razz me about for the rest of the year.

Oh, but it's good--folks are having a grand time of it.  And no one's been hurt....yet..... (crossing my fingers on that one).
In the meantime...I wanna remember the kindness of strangers....the fella who stopped on the patio to ask if he could put two beer cans that were laying on the sidewalk in my trashcan.  And the gal who asked if she could deposit her empty bag from cotton candy there as well.  And the wee kiddo that zipped on to the patio hollering "mommy--pretty flowers" and gave me a big "HI!" before he ran off to join his mom and dad who were apologetic and embarrassed for some reason.  LOL  Cute little booger...LOL
And now I'll make a trip around the house to collect lost and strayed bits from the 'party bus' that picked folks up in front of the house last night.  LOL
I bet himself I wouldn't find more than two of those red solo cups on the lawn!
LOL

2 comments:

barb said...

Hi Mel,

You know, you are STILL enjoying the fair weekend! Through your kindness & the through the occasional kindness of strangers.

Now, if only a friend could drop you off a piece of pie or a corn on the cob...

xox

Amy@SoulDipper said...

We have something similar all summer long, I'm afraid. For some reason visitors think a small island has no road laws and no one knows the word "jaywalking". So...we just stay away from town on weekends. At least that helps. But the energy is different and the noise level rises. Makes us make sure we tuck ourselves in securely.

As usual, you have the good attitude!