I'm seriously trying not to engage in the Polly Pissy Pants syndrome. It's getting a bit ify....thought I had it under wraps and then last nights' fireworks happened. Can I walk in the dark to the fairgrounds? Ummm..probably not safely! And can I do that in a crowd of people, get to the grandstands and get back out after folks have 'enjoyed' the beer tent? NOT happening!!!!
I'm so displeased about moving the wonderful fireworks we have to the Friday following the holiday. I get why they did it--they've never charged for the almost hour long display--it's run solely on donations, which we'd done every year, faithfully. Costs aren't going down, that's for certain. But to shove in a live band, cookers and stands and bouncy tents for the kids along with a beer tent for the adults and THEN do the fireworks display....for old, disabled folks like me--notsomuch a doable thing.
And in a mere two weeks we'll have the county fair--seven days of mayhem with crowds like you would NOT believe......that I won't be attending on crutches of course.
Oh, sooooooooooooo close to Polly Pissy Pants!!
*sigh*
I did a good job on the 4th, but it's fastly fading.
I NEED to figure out my alternative solution. Cuz there'll be people up the whazoo in two weeks and I can NOT be doing THIS kinda attitude.
Oh yes......and then there's the appointments next week for the CT's and consultation/appointment with the doc.
Oh. And yes--I'm finally going to consider applying for a 'temporary disabled' parking sticker. Figured I better if we're looking at the next six months being a repeat of the past six months. I'm getting freaking tired!
Add 'em all up together and that MIGHT be what the Polly attitude stems from.
*sigh*
This will NEVER do.....
And the fairies want me to see this through open eyes?
GUESS where the book is!!!! Oy......
6 comments:
Oh Mel, I had a HUGE Polly Pissy Pants episode one day last week, which I will be sharing about next week on my blog. Actually, it wasn't just one day, it was TWO days.
Oy vey!
X
You'll do it because you want to do it. And it will be pissy, and painful, and freaky; but you'll fuss a little and get up and go after it. And get the handicap sticker. Have you seen what parks in handicap spaces? And you actually need it. Hang in there Mel.
I can see wherer Polly is coming from, and you know, she's got a point. I'm not so big on crowds and beer tents and bug spray and remote parking lots and loud noisy places either. Maybe Polly lives part time in my pocket and I never really noticed her :)
Would a hug help? (((Mel)))
I had my blue badge parking pass withdrawn 'cause I could manage to walk to the nearest bench after parking the car. It was a fluke, they should've seen me the next day! Now I'm really struggling.
See why I close my eyes?!!
Coffee?
Darling Mel, you are entitled to as manyu pissy moments as you want. We all know you'll make up for it in other ways and at other times and heavens - life isn't treating you quite fair at the moment!
Oh go on, have a total tantrum!!!
Post a Comment