Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Deep breath....try again?

Enough. Yaknow?

Sometimes putting yourself in the line of fire time and time again is just plain tiring and borders on abusive.  Wait--passes the border of abusive.  Ah, but I go in well armed.  I don't have to protect my heart--it's gonna hurt, watching people do what they do.  That's just a given.
So why do it?

Cuz it matters.....they matter, to this one.
Each and every one--every time.

I don't think it's unlike any other I've worked with.
Denial, anger, blame--rage, resentment....
Apparently I get in the way of all things vengeful.  I interrupt plans.  And I challenge that sense of 'entitlement' that we can embrace.
So when it turns ugly, I know what the anger is borne from.  I don't always know the details, but I know the diseased thinking well.

Enough?
Oh, reality is it'll never be 'enough'.  I can get tired and even a bit piffy.  Being the recipient of someone's angry tirade might be someone's idea of 'fun'. Notsomuch mine--but it appears to be required for some folks to move from point A to point B.
And if they never move?
*shrugs*  Some things I don't get to control--and they'll move, one way or the other.  I just prefer they move to point B.  The rest of the alphabet is an option though.



4 comments:

barb said...

Hey there Mel,
I know what you mean.
We all know that all of this is unessasary bagage...
But, some peeps still need it.
It doesn't help a bit working with this stuff nor in being with it in the scheme of life.ou

Wishing you courage.
xo

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Hmmmm....this I don't like. How do you do it? That would wear on me quickly. Friction.

And you love what you do?

Anonymous said...

~sigh~

Amy@SoulDipper said...

Full of purpose... that's how I see your work, Mel. FULL!

I've asked women which they prefer...a loved one ranting their wrath or doing/saying nothing? To me it's no different for that Divine Being. So rage, I tell them. Say how mad you are!

Some look at me in disbelief.

I'd rather have to rein a horse that get behind it- pushing!