Thursday, July 11, 2013

Exit #4

Yippee!  I have a ground squirrel!

Yeah, well, that's what I told him Sunday and the funny fella was immediately dubbed "Skippy".  Something about a bush kangaroo?  Heck if I know--he's from another world...literally cuz he's an alien...

Yeah, well..... yesterday it wasn't so much YIPPEE--it was more like "YOUR groundsquirrel has tunneled in the flower garden".  Yaknow, kinda like 'YOUR daughter' when the girl has been a bit....like me.  LOL

Uh huh...four escape holes!  FOUR.  Each with their own little pile of dirt.  (whaddaya suppose to do with left over dirt--carry it off in little buckets and deposit it.....where?)  Now, I thought Skippy was being pro-active and smart.  He-who-mutters thought Skippy was being a nuisance.  Therein lies the difference between sane/insane apparently.

Wow.....SMART move Skippy!  Escape plan if the evil cats show up!

"IN the flower garden?  Next to the foundation....."

Well, duh!  Half of the tunnel is already constructed AND it's fortified!

"Right...so when I stick the hose in the hole and turn the water on....."

STEP AWAY FROM THE HOSE BUSTER!!!!!  Skippy worked really, REALLY hard during those 8 hours I was at work!

"More like ten hours--apparently you still have problems with maths."

Yeah--well......I'm only 'allowed' eight--the other two don't count.  So tell me--what did YOU accomplish in the 8 hours (plus 2 that don't really count) while I was gone? Did YOU build an awesome tunnel system with four exits you can RUN to if evil shows up?

Uh huh....this is where he raised a finger (not the naughty one..the index one)
"I only need one....." and he walked to the door.

*laughing*  He's such a smartie pants.


5 comments:

barb said...

I don't get those in this suburbia garden but they do out in the French countryside.

I read somewhere that certain people can get rid of them(but not in a gentle way, I think)...

Good luck.

Ron said...

"Skippy".

Mel, I LOVE the name!!!!

"STEP AWAY FROM THE HOSE BUSTER!!!!! Skippy worked really, REALLY hard during those 8 hours I was at work!"

*clapping*

Good for you!!!!!

"*laughing* He's such a smartie pants."

Made me LAUGH!!!!


X

Jude said...

Oh, how great. We had one when we lived in Kansas. And until just recently I've been watching and feeding (cat food) to a squirrel I called Stubby. Why Stubby? He was missing one front foot and all of his tail. I fed him and talked to him for about 4 years; but sadly he has left this earth hopefully for that great white squirrel heaven where he will be whole. He was a feisty devil.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

HeeHeeHeeHeeHeeeee! :)
I'm still chuckling. ;)

Thomas said...

We don't have them locally. We've got moles and gophers, but somehow they lack the charm.