Too many bells--too many whistles. Too many freaking buttons that change how things look and work.
I 'think' I resist change. *sigh* No news flash there.
I'm a 'self taught' kinda gal--so it's not like I can't learn the ropes and get in the swing of things when it comes to using a different program for my 'reader'.
But I'm not liking this one--too many bells, too many whistles, too many options that are too easily messed up by the curious (that'd be me!).
I've missed posts.
I've marked things read that I didn't read.
I've changed views and ended up with lists a mile long of posts that I've read but can no longer link to.(user error, I'm sure!)
And I've struggled with adding a website or two to my list via the Kindle--which is a disaster, frankly.
Probably me being picky.....probably me wanting a reader that works on multiple systems in a similar fashion (I could be dreaming!). I don't want to bother with multiple readers for multiple systems for multiple devices. Then I'm always at a loss--what have I read, what have I not read......what does this button do....oh LOOK, a chicken! LOL
Yup--thinking I need to go shopping around cuz this one isn't cutting it.
I'm fussy, I guess. I know what works for me...and this one isn't cutting it.
Ah well....back to the drawing board!
I could go back to simply adding the web logs to my 'favorites' list--but where's the fun in that?! LOL
5 comments:
"I'm fussy, I guess. I know what works for me...and this one isn't cutting it.
Ah well....back to the drawing board!"
No, you're not being fussy (or I must be too) because I'm having similar issues with this reader as well. In fact, I don't how I did it, but I ended up accidentally deleting THREE of my feeds and ended up missing their posts this week.
I agree, too many bells and whistles.
I'm going to look into one called, Old Reader, which is very similar to Google Reader. I'll let you know what I find out, okay?
X
May I ask which one you are using?
I think everyone is struggling a bit with the changes. Me too!
I quit using a reader years ago, when Google accidentally deleted all my data and I just didn't want to go back and reenter it.
I think I do better just bookmarking things and dropping by when I have the time. It's more of a pleasure and less of a chore, somehow.
Well, it took me ages to get used to Google Reader when Bloglines went AWOL a few years ago, but i was too lazy to look elsewhere. So I'm quite happy to change and wish I'd done it before.
I feel your pain...
:(
Post a Comment