Saturday, March 25, 2006

Confused?


I'm feeling a bit like this confused mess.

It's been a whirlwind the past few days. Some of it good, some of it just plain confusing as all get out.

We had a lovely evening out with the girl and Las--good times, good company. Take an Irish lass to a 'yeehaawww' kinda dinner joint and you get a whole lot of laughter. Two hours later, when they're wrapping her left overs you'd have thought we were laughed out. Sorry--lost it again when they opted to come to the table and twist tinfoil around her uneaten food in the shape of a longhorn's head. OMG.....Talk about leaving with a tummy ache! Rest assured the food wasn't the cause.

The rest of the week--warp speed with my hair on fire. There's just too much to do and not enough time to get it done in. Why I insist on attempting to do what I've already discovered can't BE done in a normal work day--I haven't a clue. It must be that stubbornness and unwillingness to surrender? *shrug* I WILL figure it out!!

And my boss has a new method of operation.
I've dubbed it 'dump and run'.
Take care of business, add to the pile of 'stuff' that needs sorted through--check your watch and announce the need to exit because you've got another meeting, dump something that you know I'd want to discuss and/or argue........and run like hell.
OY!!

Only this time he dumped two things. He wants me to work on giving him an answer about the position he's been trying to get me to take......or wrap my head around someone who'll take the position becoming MY boss.
Potentially someone who'll know less about the position's responsibilities than I do. Someone that I may have difficulty respecting.
Gee........thanks..........
OH......And while I'm wrapping my head around that/deciding to do what I'm capable of doing.....there's a three day/four night conference that would be benificial for me to show up for....outta state of course.........
Thanks.

Alot.

*sigh*
Take a position that I can do -- but I'm not certain I want to do.
Or--stay doing exactly what I AM doing and lose my 'dump and run' boss for someone I might not wanna be having for my boss. Trust me--he might be a dump and run kinda guy, but I do respect him and believe his heart is good.
Oy........
Eenie meanie miney mo.......

*sigh*
AND a four night out of state conference?
Suddenly the idea of flipping burgers at Burger King sounds really, really inviting.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous G said...

Big decisions ahead. I just wish you luck at wrapping your head around the best one for you.

You know, it'll all turn out for the best. Somehow, some way...

Do you HAFTA go away?? Geez, the Brit just returned.

I've got changes in the workplace, too. I'll meet you at the grill with my burger flipping spatula...