Sunday, March 05, 2006

Snowstorm Joys


It had to be near three in the morning when I awakened to the 'plink ... plink, plink, plink' noise.

Okay, so it's dark and I'm alone and I've taken pain medications-- Not withstanding that I have an active imagination. I sat up to peek out the window and discovered it was snowing. Or sleeting. At three in the morning, I wasn't really sure, nor was I really caring. I think I was grateful it was snow and not some alien trying to laser it's way into my bedroom. Yeah, yeah--pain medications and I get along rather strangely.

It took me until seven this morning to feel brave enough to open the curtains. (I'd closed them courtesy of a headache.)

Snow. Dreaded snow.
Now, I remember (vaguely) being excited to see the white stuff at the start of the winter season. I even remember excitedly pulling out the snowman kit that was unused from last winter.

I was not excited to see snow this morning.
Darn white stuff needs to QUIT finding it's way to this corner of the world, already!
Enough!
I'm awaiting spring. This isn't helpful!

We now have a good three inches of the white stuff.
And it's not done.

*sigh*

Fine.

I'm thinkin' I'll haffta get over it and go make snow angels.

Oh dear--I'll get wet and messy and all snowy!

Last time I did that the neighbor came running out of his house afraid I'd had some sort of seizure......LOL

:-D

I'm waiting til daylight AND I'm making sure his truck's in the driveway.......

No comments: