I'm reminded over and over again that it's not required that I WANT to do right things to do right things.
It's not required that it be comfortable, it's not required that I like how it feels, it's not required that people around me see it as 'right' or 'approve', it's not required that other folks agree or like it either.
You pray about it, you meditate about it, you get clarity and you forge on to do the right thing.
Failure to do 'the right thing' leaves us getting to do 'the next right thing'.
I don't wanna live my life that way, picking up pieces cuz I knew what was right and failed to do it.
Been there, done that.
I'm reminded of that damn note that I still carry around with me after 17 years:
"You've been quiet for 24 hours, which leads me to believe you have forgotten the rules. Let me tell them to you again.
1) We love you. All of us, all the time, no matter what you say, no matter what you do.
2) Sometimes we will love you so much we will be foreced to tell you the truth about you. That truth will not feel very good to you. It will still be the truth.
3) We will always love you so much that we will never let you do or say things that are harmful to your sobriety/your wellbeing without calling you on them. I would rather have you hate me but stay sober /stay well than love me and get drunk /harmed.
4) Sometimes it will appear to you that we no longer love you. We will write/say things that hurt your feelings or piss you off. In that case, immediately re-read rule (1) above. That rule will never change.
5) We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment