Thursday, March 30, 2006

I'm probably being hyper-sensitive BUT---

Please don't assume that my motives are impure.
Please don't dismiss my heart simply because you don't understand it or see the value in actions driven by it.
Please don't suggest my actions might have been bred out of anything else than what I've told you they were.
Please don't decide for me what I feel and think, what I 'buy' and what I 'don't buy'.
Please don't draw conclusions simply because you believe yourself 'right'.
Please don't discount what's been said as dishonest.
Please don't tell me what drives me.

I can't 'make you' believe me.
I can't 'make you' see anything differently.
I can't 'make you' not dismiss what's true.
I can't 'make you' trust the source.
I can't 'make you' find me credible.
I can't 'make you' come to ask.
I can't 'make you' anything.

I can only endeavour to do right things for right motives and live with the end results.
So I live with the end results.

Sometimes I don't like how the end results 'feel'.........doesn't make the decision any less of the 'right thing'.
*sigh*

Yes, thank you, I think I'd like some cheese with that whine......

2 comments:

E in Oz said...

Mmmm that's something I needed to read today...from both angles.

Thanks. :-)

Sharly said...

it is EXACTLY what I needed to read too Mel.. u just have such a fabulous way with the words...

HOW is your knee? Any better?

AND your basement looks FUN!! i have a 10 year old that would love to be inside the "yard"mess!!!

Thanks for the uplifting blog material :) and I'm glad that someone loves the Halloween layout!!!

xooxxoox
Sharly