Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowday!!


I had every intention of making it a lazy morning before I hit the door running.

Honesty....shoot.....let me say that again....

I had every intention of getting some work done at home BEFORE I hit the door runnin'. (that's more accurate! LOL)

That didn't happen, of course.
We got a bit of snow.
Actually, we got a bit of blowing snow.
And drifts.

And school got cancelled....bless their peapicking hearts for messing with MY plans.





And bless the fella with the blade on the front of his truck who made it possible for the staff to get in at three this afternoon.
Of course, the kiddos had been out of school all day long with ME........*snickering*

And at least two of the staff told me "gosh...it was a really quiet and peacefull day........."

*snickering harder*
24 kiddos and three adults supervising them for 7 hours straight....they were probably so glad for new faces that they were 'good' outta fear of having to deal with the same person they'd been getting to deal with all morning. LOL
Ah, but *I* had fun.
I love Tuesdays when it's me getting to work with the kiddos.
And I do love the power of a 'working group'.
I didn't have to do a whole lot of anything once I had the 'general' in each of the groups taking me seriously.
There's something to be said about 'less' being 'more'.
And even if I didn't get a whole lot of what I was 'suppose' to accomplish, accomplished....it was an awesomely productive day, even if I do say so myself.

Hey.......maybe they'll be out of school again tomorrow!
:-)

2 comments:

Terri said...

Yowza on the snow! Oh my my!

And TAG!

http://terrimuse.blogspot.com/2007/02/thankfulness.html

Anonymous said...