Today was a bit crazy.
It's budget time---first round, cuz there's always more than one round when it's time to propose budgets. Why that is, G-d only knows. Apparently accepting a budget first time out of the gate is unacceptable, no matter how thorough of a job you've done?
Run to one meeting, run to another meeting--drag your rear-end here and there to meet with one person and another.......
I went into work early to get stuff done that's required TO be done, did the running and finally limped back to the worksite. (to grab work to do from home cuz my boss told me to go home.....though I'm not thinkin' that's what he had in mind....)
It took me two hours to 'grab' the stuff. LOL
Work is kinda like a vacuum.......it (and the kiddos/grown-ups) just kinda 'suck you up'.
Two hours and I finally walk out the door laden with 'stuff' that's going to be done from home. 'Stuff' to do on TOP of the budget proposal that I get to 'redo', of course.
I did manage to get into the driveway before the cell phone buzzed my rear-end. (yes, it was set on 'pager' and yes, it was in the backpocket of my levis.....) (and yes, I knew it was going to be one of 'those days' so I dressed accordingly....LOL)
They weren't completely panic stricken when they told me the State Inspector had walked in just minutes after I walked out--but per protocol they called......and per humanness they had that hint of 'ohmygodtheinspectorisHERE!' in their voice.
"Would someone start walking him through, please.....I'm turning the car around and I'll join you in a couple minutes"
It didn't take a whole lotta time to walk the fella through, show him some files, usher in a couple kiddos for him to talk with and do a post with him before he left.
No biggie---no problems.
He and I have been doing this for years.
I did get to hear from the staff that he has a very stoic affect.
Yep, that he does.
But he walked in just as the afterschool flurry was happening....kiddos here and there, backpacks flying, therapists galore, staff listening to who was gossipping about who on the schoolbus, phones ringing---the normal chaos when 25 kiddos are FREED from their day being stuck with educators and algebra.
And standing amist them all was this strange man who greeted a laughing grown-up that had just gotten an earful from a kiddo who'd happily been the victim of a prank during the school lunchtray swapping mayhem:
"Hello. I'm SoandSo, the State Inspector. I've come for a 'walk-through' inspection."
And her bestest, professional response?
*laughing* 'Yeah, right! APRIL FOOLS!!!!!'
As always, he was impressed with the kiddos and the program.
However, I'm thinkin' it's questionable if he was impressed with the professionalism of my staff...LOL
OMG.......I DO hire people who are JUST LIKE ME......LOL
3 comments:
I would have loved to see the look on your staff member's face when she realized it wasn't an April Fool's prank....I bet it was priceless!
what a sec...you did "a post with him before he left"...???? Does he have a weblog too???? cool.
Well isn't it wonderful to know that state inspectors don't have a rule (yet ) to stop them inspecting on April Fool's day :)
Post a Comment