For all other moments, there's the view from the step.
Singular--it's one step out of the garage onto the carport.
And this is where I take my perch when I'm in one of those 'ify' moments---not quite certain if I wanna move or remain 'stuck in the muck, like a duck, oh ____ (fill in the blank?)'.
Half my rear inside, half outside......I'm in the doorway tryin' to decide if I wanna join life and reality.
k......
I sit on the step when I'm pouting...okay? LOL
Yep, on the step.
And that's where I had my delicious, nutritional, frosty vanilla (WITH protein!) shake this evening. Yummy!
k...........the descriptive part is a blatant lie--'cept for the protein part......
But I had my super duper ducky button on.....which made the moment somewhat better.
(Tomorrow I'm wearing a lizard button---so pfffffffftttttttttt! :-P )
And tonight I was trying to wrap my head around, what's become, the usual Wednesday routine. Only, I've done it earlier--in hopes of having a lesser fuzzy morning tomorrow.
Whaddaya think the odds are of THAT one happenin'?!
*shrugs*
Can't blame a gal for trying, eh?
I was trying to forget all those things I have in my life that I'm well and truly graced to have.......so I could be piffy and pouty and crabby...
The problem is--I've walked in too many places and gotten the 'message' so many times......that I cannot, for the life of me, file it all away and go about the business of being madder than hell about today's circumstances (which, in comparison are sooooooo small.....).
But I still sat on the step.
And I still considered the possibilities of not following instructions, staying stuck in the muck like a duck (oh fudgebuckets...LOL) and tossin' the baby out with the bathwater.
Or.....tossing the delicious, nutritional, frosty vanilla (with protein!) shake into the nearest bush.
Yes.
I AM an ungrateful snot, some moments.
.....and, YES, I did follow the directions.
What is WRONG with me?!
LOL
6 comments:
Ah, Mel... Looks to me like you're doing what you know you need to do. You don't HAVE to be happy about it, but you're doing what you need to do.
I'm thinking of you always, with good thoughts for good things.
(((((mel)))))
And besides, you fought long and hard for your right to be crabby :-)
nothing's wrong with you
:-)
you just ain't perfect, just like the rest of us ain't perfect (but you know this). . . the human condition I believe it's called. . .
*ducks and runs from the milkshake*
;-)
((((((((((((((((((mel)))))))))))))))
I am what i am..
You is what you is...
With love and milkshakes on the head, and in the shrubs, and on the walk and in my shoes...
It's ok, you don't have to like following directions. You can be as crabby as you want and we'll still love you :)
that is what we are here for...to crab to....smile
(hold your nose and gulp?)
Post a Comment