Monday, April 07, 2008

QOTW April 7th


How do you feel about unannounced guests/company?

MY kingdom.
*sigh*
Yes, I have this thing about the house.
MY kingdom.

I'm becoming more and more the recluse.
Once I'm home--it's an ordeal to get me to be around people again.


And this home is MY kingdom.
*sigh*
Yeah, I'm getting worse.....

There are those who can pop over without it feeling like an intrusion and invasion.
And then there are the 'space invaders'. LOL They're the ones that I wanna zap with my raygun and blow to smithereens.....make 'em go away so I can get about the business of just......'being'........



Now, if I'm outside---it's a whole different deal.

I'll have to give some thought as to why that's true.....

11 comments:

E in Oz said...

Sigh...that's something I've not yet learned to deal with, with patience. I need notice.

I, Like The View said...

do you know what - I never get any! so I don't know. . .

(I know I don't really appreciate the lurkers sufficiently tho)(so maybe if someone turned up on my doorstep, I'd be pleased of the company?)

katherine. said...

I have always believed "my hearth and home is my haven" it is not only where I can relax...but also recharge without additional sensory input.

or maybe you just don't want anyone else playin' with your toys....laughing....

Kathryn said...

I've always thought of it as somewhere that I can retreat to when I want to hide from the word and instead spend time taking care of myself. It's also the place where I don't have to explain myself or my actions to anyone.

Right now, I'm staying in other people's homes and that's very weird.

Jeff B said...

Mi casa es su casa, although a phone call from down the block isn't a bad idea.

Enigma said...

There are only 2 people in my life who are free to pop in, the rest of the time I feel invaded and put upon.i think you may feel this way, as when you are giving a lot to others, at home you dont have to so much, so the at home time is precious.Or thats i how i feel.

Ron said...

Dear God, Mel...I SOOOOOOO TOTALLY agree with you about this!!!!

TOTALLY!!!!

My home is MY sacred space...and I say who enters.

And if anyone just POPS over...well..."No one is home."

tee, hee!

Even my closest friends, know NEVER to just drop over.

And it's funny, because I'm also like you when it comes to being outside.

(probably because there's more open space)

Being with people in general is a "space thing" with me.

BRAVO Mel...it's nice to meet someone like me!

Anonymous said...

You n' me...we'd get along jeeess fine! (I'm to the stage where there are NONE who can 'pop' over without facing my wrath!)

Of course, not many pop over these days.

I, Like The View said...

*turning up unannounced to wave good morning*

:-)

*sneaking out again, quietly*

;-)

Mel said...

(((((((( ILTV ))))))))))))

Always nice to be dropped in on by YOU.

:-)

mig bardsley said...

It depends if I'm up yet or not :)