Sunday, August 10, 2008

QOTW 8/10




Identify three things that you've thought about frequently in the past week.



A whole lot of my thoughts and prayers have been generated towards a staff member and all of her family. Her daughter attempted suicide four days ago and almost succeeded. It's been a very difficult week for everyone involved.....and just plain hard.....

I've spent time giving thought to attending a training/retreat that the boss asked me to 'give some thought to'. See, I'd told my boss several years ago that I had 'done my time' with out of state trainings and that it was time to hand that 'treat' over to someone else. The training bit isn't concerning--but the 'retreat' is.....that and it's six days (without the travel time cuz I'd want to drive).
Oh......AND did I mention it's in southern Alabama.....


And I've spent time mulling around the health 'stuff' that I'm getting to deal with whether I want to or not.... It's all in your face with the ill fitting clothes and the loss of weight that's occurred since the start of the year. It's one topic that's tough to get away from when it's constantly being brought to your attention. People notice--and it doesn't matter what you do to try to not call attention to it.

Yes, I know I've lost quite a bit of weight.
Yes, I know I look tired and suddenly 'older'.
And yup......feeling all of it, too!

So pffffffffffffffftttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!! :-P

5 comments:

Sorrow said...

Mel~
I have a very biased opinion about South Alabama, but if the giant bugs, the plethora of stinging insects, the oppressive humidity, the intense heat,and the violent summer storms are not enough to dissuade you from going, know that it was one of the worse places on earth I have ever lived.
So maybe if you have enough "stuff" to deal with with your health, You could find a retreat some where more pleasant? I am just saying..cause it all makes me shudder..
K
my issues..
((((MEL)))))

mig bardsley said...

And yet here, you sound as warm and fresh and vital as ever.
I take this to indicate that your indomitable spirit is still very much in charge :)
Lotsa love and (((((((((((dear Mel)))))))))

skinnylittleblonde said...

Southern Alabama is known as the Redneck Riviera...hahaha. A Retreat Should be someplace YOU pick to go get away from everything.
Mel, honey....I know you are still losing weight and I see you say you're feeling older...perhaps you should skip this retreat and instead go on a real retreat...one of your pickings! ((((Mel))))

katherine. said...

I'm gonna with hold my personal opinion of Alabama...having been to Birmingham on buiness a couple of times...

The health issues...sigh....hard to avoid the obvious dear one.

{{{{{{mel}}}}}}

I, Like The View said...

hugs and more hugs

on all fronts

XXX