
Sometimes, we have what seems like endless layers of pain inside us. Pain hurts. Grief hurts. Sadness hurts. It does not feel good. But neither does denying what is already there; neither does living a lifetime with old and new pockets of pain packed, stored, and stacked within.
It takes courage to be willing to stand still and feel what we must feel.
It will only hurt for a while, no longer than necessary, to heal.
It will only hurt for a while, no longer than necessary, to heal.
We can trust that if we must feel pain, it is part of healing, and it is good. We can become willing to surrender to and accept the inevitable painful feelings that are going to come before we heal.
Go with the flow, even when the flow takes us through uncomfortable feelings.
Go with the flow, even when the flow takes us through uncomfortable feelings.
The other side of pain will come.
4 comments:
it will only hurt for a while, no longer than necessary, to heal. . .
. . .the other side of pain will come
*waiting patiently* (whilst I do have the odd pain-free moment)
thank you for the awarenedd
(of course, that was nothing to do with nedd, I meant awareness)(but you knew that)(and so did the fairies!)
I know this...I just forget it sometimes.
I try. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Umm. It's a bit like trying to empty your head isn't it :)
Post a Comment