I left work yesterday.
It's not my norm to leave work in the middle of my day.
Fact is, I operate under the "If you get up and move, you'll feel better" line of thinking.
I blame my parent for that.
I don't recall my father ever missing work for being 'sick'.
Yeah......well.....I left yesterday.
Between the muddled brain and just an overall 'tiredness', I was 'missing' more than I was 'hitting' and (apparently) people kept looking at me oddly. I'm thinkin' I was tired and muddled enough that I just didn't notice.
It was one of my staff that suggested I might need to just go home.
It's not like they haven't tried to get rid of me before. LOL There are a few that have that down to a fine art after 18 years of working with me. (including calling my boss to make him make ME go home) So I'm accustomed to their manipulations and 'their' interpretation of what's 'go home' worthy. I generally don't agree with them and I don't give 'em a whole lot of creedence.
Yesterday I surrendered and went.
It was the "Mel--your adjectives are messed up."
Either that was a new ploy---or I really was as muddled appearing as I felt.
I went home.
I got nice hot bath.
And I slept.
BOY did I sleep.
BOY am I not thrilled with the prospect of doing yesterday all over again next week.
I'm gonna blame the whackiness of trying to prepare not one, not two, not three---but four budget proposals......in very short order. And I'm gonna tack on the 'warp speed with my hair on fire' QUICK LEARN IT ALL mode that I've put myself into since last Thursday when the boss let me know about those 'administrative reassignments' and the responsibilities therein.
And I'm gonna hope for a different wearing 'fuzz' day next week.
I can deal with 'fuzz' day.
I can't deal with screwed up adjectives.
C'mon!
I majored in English! LOL
6 comments:
messed up adjectives are a sure sign...clever insightful co-workers can be a blessing.
ah Mel....hopefully the weekend will give your batteries opportunity to recharge!
Hot Baths work wonders don't they?
Glad you got to enjoy the bath and the sleep.
Caffeine and sleep. that's the thing - but probably not together.
The adjectives will follow obediently I'm sure :)
"People kept looking at me oddly."
And this would be different than other days because.....?
Rest and relax my dear. A bubble bath with perhaps some rubber duckies.
You and I are the same, Mel.
People ALWAYS look at me...oddly!?!#@
Perhaps it's because...I AM!
And what's REALLY funny, is that when I got home from work on Friday...I did the EXACT same thing as you...I took a hot bubble bath! And I swear...I felt 100 times better afterwards!
(also, a half a glass of red wine helped)
&%$#@!^adjectives, anyway!
Take care of yourself on your fuzzy days. Okay?
((((mel))))
you look after yourself, dearheart
please. . .
Post a Comment