Thursday, March 14, 2013
Awwwwwwwwwww....... :-)
A man in Topeka , Kansas decided to write a book about churches around
the country. He started by flying to San Francisco and started working
east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking
photographs and making notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the
vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read "Calls:
$10,000 a minute." Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and
the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a
direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to
GOD.
The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way. As he continued
to visit churches in Seattle , Houston , Milwaukee , St. Louis , Chicago ,
and many cities and towns all around the United States , he found more
phones same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.
Finally, he arrived in Waterloo Iowa . Upon entering a church in the
beautiful state of Iowa behold, he saw the usual golden telephone.
But THIS time, the sign read "Calls: 35 cents".
Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor, "Reverend, ! I have been
in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this
golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and
that I could talk to GOD, but in the other churches the cost was
$10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only 35 cents a call. Why?"
The pastor, smiling broadly, replied, "Son, you're in Iowa now -
you're in God's Country. It's a local call."
American by Birth, An Iowan by the Grace of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
"The pastor, smiling broadly, replied, "Son, you're in Iowa now -
you're in God's Country. It's a local call."
American by Birth, An Iowan by the Grace of God."
*clapping*
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Brava, Mel!!!!!
(((((( You ))))))
X
Totally love this. Warmed my heart and made me smile. And I'm not even from Iowa.
Where is it, anyway?♥
good very early morn in Cali... don't know what to say but positive they have them in the Vatican.... "just saying" :)
how be you? are you thinking the popping is a normal thing for you or a sign of misalignment ? well, hope it's a "normal" for you, my darling. sorry to be so quiet lately. I've been processing and seems, fighting all the way! it's getting old with certain people who shall remain nameless since what's the point?! I am considering a very big MOVE, shall we say?
xox
Enjoyed the laugh.
Did I tell you my Dad was born in Eagle Grove, Iowa? I just went to Wiki to see if my grandpa's farmland might be in view :) and discovered this tiny wee place is the biggest center in the county.
That made me giggle too.
Simplicity was in my dad's bones!
Hi Mel!
Beautiful :)
I loved this!
I am going to send it off to my cuz's home pronto. My cousin's hubby is a native Iowan.
xoxo
I love it!!!
Post a Comment