"Ordinarily, some popping is normal. Muscle, tendons... But since you're a special case--......"
Now, most times I revel in being 'special'!
I have an ego the size of Texas. The word 'special' makes me sit taller and pay attention. So much so is THAT fact that WPIML uses a 'tone' when he uses the word 'special'--the emphasis is on that first part of the word and.....it he doesn't make SPECIAL sound like a 'good thing'. LOL Probably cuz I've used it as a 'get out of jail free' card in my brain on numerous occasions.
I'm SPECial, dontchaknow...
*sigh*
Yeah, well, in this case, being 'special' isn't a GOOD thing...I don't zackly feel privileged to be called SPECIAL by the doc.
I'm a SPECIAL case!
LOL Oh, how WPIML is gonna love THIS one!
Yes, well....my SPECial-ness means that I don't GET to 'pop' or do sharp pain. If that starts--then I'm to stop.
STOP.
k....
The route to strengthening is through weight and exercise says the doc (and confirmed by the gentle fella who did physical therapy).
If doing those strengthening things creates the 'pop'--zackly what AM I to do? Shift a bit and see if that stops the 'pop' is my answer. I'm......gonna hope that's the right one! Well--it works for some of the exercises. Notsomuch some of the other.
And how come it didn't 'pop' doin' those and now it's 'popping' at home when I do a couple of 'em?
And yes....swelling up like you wouldn't believe. What's up with that?!
Oy sheeshhh...and my poor purple foot.....*sigh*
He SAID I wasn't gonna like the brace being tightened.
HE WASN'T KIDDING.
*sigh*
Ohhhhh....but I'm SPECIAL!
:-/
And I get to go back to work part time on Monday...followed by Tuesday with the Gentle Fella.
Yaknow.....I'm starting to wonder about the return to work deal.
YES--I whined about it forEVER.
And the 'terms of return' weren't 'zactly what I had in mind......seems the boss (who coulda said NO to my return--but didn't!) thinks I need to be banished to "MY KINGDOM" for 12 hours a week the first two weeks. Uh huh....suppose to do 20 hours--he says 12.
Oh, but little does he know that "MY KINGDOM" is what WPIML calls the areas in my life that I think are explicitly MINE, MINE and NOone else's! Those little places that I think are MINE to rule. *ahem* Yes....well........I think I admitted the ego isn't emaciated, by any means.
MY Kingdom--apparently far far away from the students.....and the families..... AND THE STAFF.
Like I'm gonna damage someone?!
k....thinking the concern is they'll damage ME.
Cuz I'm SPECIAL, dontchaknow....
I'm SPECial alright.
Geeze....I don't believe I'm putting this in black and white--but....
I DON'T WANNA BE S.P.E.C.I.A.L.!!!
k.....I don't really MEAN that.....
NO way do I really, really, REALLY mean that...LOLOL
5 comments:
Purple? Well that's SPECIAL!! Okay, it's not the kind of special that you have in mind, but let's face it...it helps helps you hold reign over certain domains within the dominion.
Man, Mel. You're really having a helluva time with this healing. How frustrating that your recovery is ruled by a pop alert.
I hope you take a few minutes, regularly, to close your eyes and visualize your foot in a perfectly healthy and normal state. Give it a SPECIAL pedicure! Then picture yourself doing your favourite activity. Our minds are so powerful and so under-utilized in healing.
There she goes again... Well? Whacha got ta lose?
"Probably cuz I've used it as a 'get out of jail free' card in my brain on numerous occasions."
HAHAHAHAHA! Mel, I LOVE YOU! That was HILARIOUS!!!!
Hey, I'm so glad to hear about you returning to work tomorrow! And even if it is for only 12 hours, it'll probably be a great way to get back into the swing of things, slowly and gradually!
Here's a HUG for tomorrow.....
((((((((( You SPECIAL person ))))))))))
X ya!
Oh Mel! How frustrating! and also, by the sound of it, painful. Oh dear!
Big hugs dear, special Mel : )
Well, I think your special in a good way!!
*hugs*
C x
Hi Mel,
I am kid of hating to imagining the -POP- of what is going on in your leg as you heal.
:(
I would be stopping, too...
It is really amazing how sometimes during a crisis is when we realize that specialness part.
Yes, you are special.
Celebrate it.
Nothing replaces self-love.
xox
Post a Comment