Saturday, March 02, 2013

Rainbow Barns and Happy Cows

When the phone rings and it's the wee person, everything stops.  LOL  That's just how I'm made I guess.

I could hear the mom in the background....

"Tell Nana you had a timeout.....tell her why"

Hi Nana!  I got a rainbow lizzard in preschool and he's very pretty.
....I was naughty.  I had a timeout.

Rainbow lizzards are COOL, Bug.  Why did you get a timeout?

And we had cupcakes and we played with the big ball....

(Uh huh....more from the mom in the background.....)

I was naughty and mommy put me in a timeout.....I tried to wash it off.  Mommy says it will be forever.

Maybe 409, Bug.  What did you marker with?

I coloured my new barn rainbow colours..... 

(this is where Nana tried desperately not to laugh)
Well, do the cows like the rainbow barn and did mom say you could colour the barn?  Cuz we colour on paper and in colour books, Bug--right?

The cows are happy Nana! Mommy!  MOMMY!!  The cows are happy Mommy!...(uh oh.....more MOM stuff....) ....Mommy put me on a timeout...cuz I was naughty.......  But I couldn't reach my paper!  And the colourbooks were-----

(and THIS is where the mom took the phone....and another timeout happened......)

Seems the paper with homework (apparently they give out homework in preschool?) was on the floor..in front of Bug....  Seems the mom was in the kitchen, doing mom things.....and it seems Bug decided to colour the barn rainbow colours instead of doing her homework--which is why she had the colours in the first place.  And apparently we're not talking a small amount of rainbow colours.....LOL  MASSIVE rainbow colouring.  And yes, there was paper on the floor and colouring books on Bug's wee table....she lied.  Hence the second timeout.  Badddd call with the mom standing right there!  Oy silly child.....

Yup--Back on the phone she came--
Crayons were turned in for the day.  She'll be bringing her homework to do at Nana's house today (grandad will be honoured, I'm sure...LOL) AND she has to clean off the crayon with some gunk that Nana has that'll take it off--supervised by the evil MOM whom she had to say she was 'sorry' to. (which she did......)

Rainbow barn.......LOLOL  And the cows are HAPPY!  LOLOLOLOL
Yes.....I will keep a straight face.  Cuz I "don't need to encourage her" dontchaknow....LOL...
I WILL keep a straight face!

Like *I* wanna timeout?! ROFL

8 comments:

Ron said...

OMG...what a PRICELESS post, Nana Mel!

And yeah, it would have been very hard for me to keep a straight face and not laugh too.

"Rainbow barn.......LOLOL And the cows are HAPPY! LOLOLOLOL

Oh, how CUTE!!!!!

Hope you and the Bug had a fun time today doing homework AND doing some more rainbow colouring!

:)

X to you and the Bug!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Did you do the straight face???
I'd have a hard time with that one.
Send all the wrong messages by way of big Bug hugs. I'd love having grandlittleones. Maybe in my next life...

Spadoman said...

I watch with amazement how my daughter struggles with power over simple meaningless deeds of the children. As Grandparents, we see coloring the barn rainbow colors to be a wonderful idea, yet when we were parents, we scolded the daughters for doing the same things.
Is it tolerance that increases as we age. Wisdom maybe? Maybe we don't need to assert so much power and control. Yeah, that's it I think. After all, as a parent, I didn't care if the cows are happy, as a Grandpa, I strive for it.


Peace

mig said...

I'm trying to imagine this straight face of yours but it keeps crinkling at the corners.

Anonymous said...

do we get to see a picture of the rainbow barn?
:D

NoRegrets said...

The cows are happy!!!!

Carol said...

OMGosh that had me giggling all the way through!! LOVE the Bug!

C x

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Oh my what a story. I think you had too much fun with that one. :)
What would the lesson be to keep the rainbow colors on the barn. Whose barn is it? This is way to complicated for me. Lucky you get to have the Bug at your house again, regardless.