Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Holdonaminute Mel.....

"There's more than one way to look at things".....

Yes, I know.
And no matter what moves people to chase their heart's desire--it's good.  It's the chasing that's being embraced--and truly, this is a good thing.

*sigh*  I'm doing battle with my head--there's a surprise.

People write for a reason......to be read, yes? And sometimes (hopefully) because you're purposed TO write and bring hope and warmth and joy and love to others.  A hugely awesome purpose, indeed.
And when you write and want to be read--you publish.  And when you publish--you....sell.  It costs to publish--I know this.  And no matter your heart's desire, there's still financial responsibilities that go with .....life.

I'm doing battle.  *sigh*

It's the same battle I did with Mr. Walsch who wrote about his relationship with his G-d......and charges $549 a seat for his conferences, without your personal accommodations.......and $34 for his book(s).....and then there's the TV program and website and stuff--some for free, but all connected to the others that have price tags attached to them.  Nonprofit with a staff of three it tells me.... *sigh*  Certainly it's not that spendy to stay in a hotel and get fed while you speak to audiences in the hundreds/thousands?  Zackly how many speaking engagements does it take to pay for a staff of three?

Same battle now........same internal conflict with what I believe and what I put into action.  And what I disappointedly 'see' happening ....again ....and again.  And I just don't 'get it'.  And I'm not just 'not getting it' with one--but with many......  I do not get it......

Actually, from this very limited perspective(and I know it's limited AND biased)--I'm having difficulties 'respecting' it and it just plain makes me sad.
Not somewhere I need to stay 'stuck', mind you....and I do need to broaden my perspective and lose the bias. You close doors when you start to decide 'what's genuine, what's NOT' based on your belief system that might be a bit too......altruistic?   I believe that's called prejudice--you start shooting the messenger and dismissing the message.


Yes--there's more than one way to look at things...
I'll step away from this thought process and try to seek perspective. I don't want to 'divorce' something based on a warped perception.  Do I?
Dunno...

I DO know-- it really makes me sad...and internally conflicted.
I do NOT like "internally conflicted"....

2 comments:

Ron said...

I actually met and spoke with Mr. Walsh in Florida, when I went to a book signing for his book that I had purchased months before.

Interesting.

He seemed more interested in 'flirting' with my friend, Joy, who btw is a knockout, than speaking to me. And it was sooooo obvious - HA!

I loved his first book, but the ones after that seemed to regurgitate the previous ones.

Before leaving this comment, I went over to his site to check it out. OMG...over $2,000. for a 5-day conference?!?!

No thanks, I'll have my own FREE conversations with God :)

X

Carol said...

I'm sorry....he charges HOW MUCH!!?? That is taking the piss!

Not surprised you have some issues with it! If he really wanted to share his message he would share it with everyone...not just those that can afford it! Would love to know exactly what he spends the money on!

C x