Saturday, March 30, 2013

*talking to self*

Right.  If there's one thing I dislike consistently--(and I mean this, cuz I used to dislike brussel sprouts and now I don't) it's living in fear.
I do NOT like living in fear...or with fear.
So.....pffffft to that.
NOT doing it.

If things are going to go upside down, they're going to go upside down.  What's the point in wasting today in fear that they're GOING to go upside down?

So.  Definitely NOT going to do more 'internet exploring' on fractures and I'm simply going to do what's in front of me, best that I can today.
I think I pretty well decided that yesterday--somewhat out of irritation with the intern who couldn't be bothered to return a call.  k...maybe he didn't get the message, maybe something got in the way...maybe, maybe, maybe....  That doesn't mean I have to sit around and go backwards instead of forwards.  If things are going to go upsidedown--they're gonna....regardless.
Which is why I opted to keep with a busy schedule yesterday--PT (that didn't happen), work (that did!), snagged a new skirt (cuz fiberglass casts snag the by jeepers outta skirts and make them notsonice), had dinner out--and went to 'a real grocery store'.  LOL  That MIGHT be why I had no issue going to sleep last night--might be why the leg was so swollen, too.
Matters not!  Up and about and doing.  Things don't get better for me by doing nothing.  I just get crabbier and ruminate on stuff over and over and over again.

Soooooo.....things are warming up and I'm gonna find a sweatshirt and try for some patio time IF I can talk he-who-is-crabby into putting a chair out there for me to sit on.
The robins are back!!!!  :-)
Noisy things...I've missed 'em HUGELY!
And OUT is a good thing!

5 comments:

Ron said...

'Definitely NOT going to do more 'internet exploring' on fractures and I'm simply going to do what's in front of me, best that I can today."

Amen! It was the same for me when my mother was diagnosed with cancer. Exploring the internet only created more fear for me.

"Soooooo.....things are warming up and I'm gonna find a sweatshirt and try for some patio time."

Good for you! Enjoy your day!

(((((( You )))))

x


mig said...

Well I'm a bit fed up with that intern on your behalf! I will be crossing my fingers all weekend till I hear that someone has had a look at you!
(Very glad to hear that you don't dislike brussels sprouts any more though.)

Jude said...

Gee you always have the greatest posts. And I love the comments you leave on mine. You have helped me to be more confident about the writing. I am so sorry about your leg. Cannot imagine how bad it must be. But I think you have the right attitude and that's what counts. Do what you can and relax. Happy EAster.

amy @ Soul Dipper said...

Mel, THIS IS ONLY A SUGGESTION...that's what my mom used to say when I knew she was trying to avoid giving advice. So here I am... Suggesting.

When you meditate (whatever form you practice) take a few minutes and visualize your leg and ankle being normal size, healthy and gorgeous. Visualize healthy energy flowing through your head right down to your feet, out the bottom of them. "See" that healthy light zapping the area most painful and vulnerable. And guide it out, taking the 'negatives' with it.

Woo woo? No harm in giving it a try for a while. Thinking physical conditions means the body listens.

You could also grab one of my Golden Blankets. Sit in it. Feel the tingles.

I have a new sign on my Desktop: "I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult... If anyone needs me, I will be in my blanket fort...coloring."

It's hard work reversing the maturation process.

Carol said...

No, there is absolutely no point in worrying about what might happen...it will...or it won't...and no amount of fretting or worrying is gonna change that! Focus on the good for today...and tomorrow...and the next and try to take each day as it comes.

*hugs*

C x