Darn fairies.....don't they know it's hard to love Hitler.
Readings come at the darnedest times..... *sigh*
It's hard to love Hitler.
WPIML used to pull that one out and toss it at me when I was struggling with STUFF that made me cringe and want to toss in the towel with certain makes and models of human beings.
It's HARD to love Hitler.
A simple "G-d loves Hitler" was enough to turn me on my heels most moments.
"Well, G-d's got some serious issues!" was my rebuttal. "And I ain't G-d!" (no.....I'm not....so quit acting like it?)
Cue Mel: Check yourself, oh-ye-on-the-pedestal-of-judgement.
I don't have to like someone to love 'em anyway.
I don't have to like their actions or attitudes.
Sick people need to be treated as sick people.
It's HARD to love Hitler.
I don't understand evil. I understand selfish, self centered, egocentric, MEMEME thinking--which puts me pretty darn close to understanding evil. I understand rolling over people to get what I want, ignoring their needs, their feelings, their human 'rights' to be treated with dignity and respect....maybe I do understand evil...
As twisted as my thinking can get/did get--I never allow me to act on some things that I think--even in my 'finest moments', I could think horrid things--but I couldn't reconcile myself to cross a line. I crossed plenty of lines as is--but there were lines I didn't cross.
Thank G-d for that.
Seriously......thank G-d for that.
In all honesty--it wasn't a moral deterrent that stopped me from crossing other lines. I wasn't the shining example of morality--I'm still not...
*sigh*
I'll check myself.
Sitting in judgement of sick people--not my deal...not where my passion lies. NOT a statement of who I AM...what I claim as 'mine' today.
It doesn't mean I'm not angry.
I'm clearly angry....and sad...overwhelmingly sad.
But I can still be who I AM......and be angry.
And be loving.
And call for the goodness in me, and in those around me, to shine....
3 comments:
Honest and direct post, Mel!
I LOVED it!
And it's ironic because I read a post on Huffington Post this morning, that was writing by a blogging friend of mine on this exact topic, concerning the bombings in Boston and being very angry at a cruel comment someone made on Twitter.
And he came to basically the same conclusion as you....
"But I can still be who I AM......and be angry.
And be loving.
And call for the goodness in me, and in those around me, to shine...."
(((((( You ))))))
X
LIKE!
LOVE the thoughts in this Mel!
C x
Post a Comment