Did you get my email about the schedules?
Don't get me wrong--it's good the boss checks in with me on text. LOL And yes--I did get on the work website to make sure he had what he needed. Thank goodness for that being an option. I didn't get the email he sent at 507pm--I HAD TO LEAVE WORK AT 1PM. *sigh*
I get to work four hours a day.
I don't get to go on the unit. (I'll confess that I did next time I see him.)
I get to do four hours at work, sitting only.
And I get to do that for at least two more weeks--I have an upcoming appointment when I'm HOPING all that will change. Not that I'm ungrateful for being allowed to return to work. I'm very clear the boss coulda said NO to the conditions and I would have had to remain full time AT HOME.
Last week I sucked at math and was reminded I have a release to work only for four hours.
Even from an office--four hours is wayyyy too little time to get things done that need done. And that's without the interference of students/families that want a minute of my time (known as 45 minutes 'real time'...LOL).
I've had to say 'not the best plan' to things that I was okay with doing--simply because of the 'unknown' factor here. I've had to leave when I felt a need to stay because of the 'get to do four hours' factor.
I've only been 'allowed' to pick up the administrative things that folks weren't doing(--the boss was cuz they couldn't) and the supervision of my 'first reports'. All that 'other stuff' has remained with those who've been doing it for a quarter of a year already.
I can't get to stuff I need to get to. And I can't get done what I need to get done in four hours!
*sigh*
I wonder....think begging the doc would work? Cuz 'THE RELEASE SAID' is what keeps getting in my way.
Yeah.......THAT'S not gonna happen.....
*sigh*
Four hours.
Oh.....HUSH and be grateful!
:-/
5 comments:
Reduced hours is new stress. With responsibility comes impact. It's not pleasant to think of other people being impacted by what is undone. Or imaging the direction things could go.
If you do "paperwork" from home, those hours add significantly to the "4 hours".
One thing I believe, if there's a creative way to get it done, you'll think of it! :)
P.S. - I LOVE your stoneprints. I think I'd like to be able to have that sort of design along the bank of my yard.
I LOVE Amy's comment because it's true!
The less time you have to work, the more stress it adds because you're trying to do in 4 hours, what you used to do in 8 hours; especially in management.
"Oh.....HUSH and be grateful!"
Mel...you CRACK ME UP!!!
(((((( You ))))))
X
Hi Mel,
It is never easy to re-adjust to anything. Especially when it is a "before" and "after" situation.
Can you still do a part of your work at home??Would that lessen the load?
Day by day and keep the faith, honey.
xox
Four hours is better than no hours but I can understand the frustration...especially when you see things that need doing! It's not easy to step away...but that is what you are going to have to do lovely!
*hugs*
C x
Post a Comment