Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend joy

Slow down--stop stressing the doc said.  And THEN he said to do things that bring you joy.
Kinda conflicts with the 'slow down' deal, but I choose to think that slow down was a different kind of a slow down.  Like  'stop trying to rush what won't be rushed'.....

I'm obviously disabled--handicapped even....but I'm not dead yet!

  • cleared off two of four flower beds and turned under the soil
  • put up wee fences around one flower bed
  • trimmed back dead branches from the bushes 
  • changed out patio lights ( took a break after 10 of the 20 bulbs were done!  LOL )
  • put the ceramic (stolen from the sister!  LOL) mushrooms in the flower garden
  • hung the wreath
  • washed off chairs/tables on the patio
  • moved potted plants to their designated positions (very......creatively on crutches, I might add)
  • hung the windy turny thingies and the hanging basket (getting ready for flowers, dontchaknow)
  • watered sleepy potted plants
  • drug out a few things for the front of the house
  • filled four birdie feeders
  • started on a third flowerbed....and opted to quit cuz my arms hurt and I was a bit weary from getting up, moving the wee step stool a few feet, getting down...and repeating--over and over and over again...
ALL the toys for the patio are in the basement.........'cept for the new, nifty 48 DIFFERENT coloured sidewalk chalks that are happily waiting in the garage.  NO bubble guns, no bubbles, no paints or buckets of chalk, no bug catcher pots....yet...  I shall take a bag with me and retrieve them from the dark depths very soon!
Oh!  And we made sun tea!!!
I say 'we' cuz it took two.
I can't quite give myself permission to haul a glass jar out of the house, down the stairs and through the garage so it can sit in the sun and brew.  I picture.....disaster..LOL
I CAN, however, carry a (plastic) glass with suntea (3/4's full), with fresh lemon, out to the patio with minimal spillage!  Am I good or what?!

Oh, and the maple in the back has wee leaves!!!
The little booger was way braver than I gave it credit--it was doing it's thing while the snow was flying just last Tuesday.

Which makes me wanna take a drive to the gardens in town and see what's showing off colour.

I'm thinkin' I can wander about with the camera for a while. They have benches for sitting purposes--and I can zip the camera into place so it's not making me off balance (as it seems to do....).  NOT that I'm not a tad off balance without the camera......literally.  k.....and figuratively...  LOL

6 comments:

Valerie said...

*clapping* You did ALL that, Mel? No way are you disabled, not in the true sense of the word. I think you did well with all your jobs.

barb said...

Hi Mel,
Don't you say "handicaped".
I won't believe a word you are saying.
Handiabled... You busy bee! :)
xox

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Well didn't you just move heaven and earth!! :D Yay! I'm thrilled for you to be having so much fun. Bet your tired self feels marvelous!

mig said...

You are GOOD! Been catching up - you are MORE than good! You are amazing.
Oh and the pictures! Blue and white and the stop sign and the rusty flower! Wonderful!
(I hope the shingles is gone?)
xxxx

Ron said...

Holy cow, Mel, you did ALL that?!?!

And it's funny because I was thinking about all that I accomplished over the past two days and it ain't nothin' to what you accomplished!

"Oh! And we made sun tea!!!"

*squealing*

Don't you LOVE sun tea?????

X

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

You go girl!♥!♥!