Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The card came today.........

Mom,
no matter what I do today,
or where the future takes me tomorrow,
I promise to remember all the things you've taught me
and how very much you love me.
And in case I don't always say it,
and sometimes I forget to show it,
I wanted you to have this
so you know
I love you, too, Mom.



Hope you've had a great birthday, mom.
Sorry you'll probably get this a few days late, being today is the first and all.
It was great seeing you back in May despite the situation.

I hope you can possibly get up here sometime so you can meet your grandchildren and possibly make up for lost time.



The boys are having a first birthday party the second weekend of November and I was kind of hoping we could all get together possibly before then.
The boys, me, you and the girl and the Brit if you would want.
I know it's kind of short notice and everything but I've been wanting to invite you down here for a while, but my life's been pretty hectic lately.


We got a house in August, but I'm sure you've probably already heard it from the girl.
It's really similar to your house.
I'd come down there but it'd be a huge hassle with the boys and all.
Plus, I'd really like you to see our house.


Hope to hear and or see from you soon.








The card came today....the handwriting was familiar, the address was different.





I have a box I keep.
Pictures of ninja turtles, coloured outside the lines.
Scribbled 'I love yous' with stickers of Power Rangers and G.I. Joes.
Photographs of happy birthdays, giggles and hugs captured forever.
Report cards with straight A's.......report cards with all F's.
Hate notes, scribed in black marker with threats underlined for good measure.
Notes never intended to be found.
Unused graduations photos....

Letters from jail.



Fifty-second chances?
Opportunites......
Opening doors.
Closing doors.
Chasing something different?
'Love'. For the 'love' of the innocents?
Out of 'love' for the lost child who's no longer a child?
IN the name of loving, period?


When one door closes, another opens.
And if the one door is still ajar?
Am I the one keeping it open.
The theory has been 'keep a foot in it JUST in case'........

Leap of faith.
All things happen for a reason--in G-d's time, not mine.
His time or HIS time.

The card came today.........

14 comments:

mig bardsley said...

(((((((Mel)))))))

Anonymous G said...

(((((((((((Mel)))))))))

I've got a lump in my throat and tears welling...for you and for your babies...

(((((Mel))))))

I know that you'll only do what you can. You know where you've been and where you're coming from. Where to go from here? You'll only do what you can.

(((((Mel))))

...A thousand hugs...

Anonymous said...

Another mavrvelous quote from Albert E. "Imagination is more Important than Knowledge. Knowledge is limited....Imagination encircles the World." Glad to see you got the card and got to feel it's meaning. I got a kind of card as well this very day. I've gotten the news and hard slap in the face, of the discovery that my youngest son is going to die. Heed the words of Albert and cherish every moment with your children.

reg

caro said...

(((((mel))))) (((((mel)))))

Words won't come to me, so I'm just hugging you bunches and lots!

((((((((((mel))))))))))

(((((((((((mel)))))))))))

Anonymous said...

C:)

Mel said...

(((((((((((Reg))))))))))))))

Oh for the revealing of answers through another's sadness.

(((((((((((Reg))))))))))))))))

Prayers and much love, Reg.
Any time with any person is a gift, always.
You know you don't have to walk through any of this alone, right?

*HUGEEEEEE hugs*

katherine. said...

I'm sending you hugs too...with tears and big BIG smiles.

instead of buying a desk...take a trip.

what a special birthday gift...in His time indeed.

atypical said...

wow. complicated and yet so simple.

{{{{{{mel}}}}}}

in His time.

-t

grrltraveler said...

(((((((((((((M)))))))))))))

Anonymous G said it well. You'll only do what you can. But boy, that is a tough one! I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts your way for whatever you decide to do, Mel.

((((((((((((M))))))))))))

I, Like The View said...

:-)

Trish said...

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing this with us! (((Hugs to you Mel!)))

RubyShooZ said...

I need a card - my son needs one too. Jess is in big trouble and I wish - I just want to hold him again. I can't fix him though.

Mel said...

((((((((( RubyShooz )))))))))))))

Makes my heart hurt for you---and for him....I know the aching, lonely heart pain very well.

TOMAS said...

The card came today....the handwriting was familiar, the address was different.

What can be said more? I think just one can be added - Thank you. The love is eternal - the same card will reach us at any address