Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FIRE!! (not really....LOL)

Did ya know that yesterday was "Bosses Day"?
Don't feel bad.....I didn't know it either. LOL
Leastwise I didn't know it til I landed at work and I was met with invitations to go to that nifty office that they put together for me. Brilliant ME accused them of not wanting me around the children, dealing with multiple crises that were going on. And BOY were there crises that needed attended to yesterday.

Did I make it to the nifty office?

Ummmmmm.....nope. LOL
I never made it to the office until late last night.
The grown-ups got tired of trying to manipulate me to go down to the office.
And I was going warp speed with my hair on fire dealing with kiddos and an irate parent or two, a Judge who was annoyed at the irate parent and a Juvenile Court Officer who lost their cool with the Judge AND the parent.
*chuckling*
If it sounds like a three ring circus that's pretty much how it felt.

But I got PREZZIES!!! :-)
(they drug them upstairs and plopped them down in front of me, that's how BAD I am at paying attention to the adults at the worksite sometimes...LOL)

AND I got a cool card.

And flowers.

And a candle with a warmer thingy that illuminates the candle AND makes it melt and all smelly without some fire burning--which we're disallowed to have even though we have lots of fires we get to put out during the course of the day....or start. Sometimes I'm the fire starter, sometimes I'm a part of the fire briggade.

AND......I got a cup.
*doing happy dance*
(cuz I NEED another cup, dontchaknow........)

"Rise and Whine"


G'head.........laugh.


I'm drinking from it this morning cuz as far as I'm concerned, it's an order.

***Please note the cup is orange and not white! I hire some very smart people!

6 comments:

Vi said...

Just shows you how much they respect you!

katherine. said...

lucky for them, working for you...

(and over there ------->
you are drinking out of himself's white cup)

Anonymous said...

presents, so sweet.

I, Like The View said...

:-)

Mel said...

Oh yeah.......about that white cup..... *snickering*

caro said...

How cool! I didn't know it was Bosses' Day until I got to some of the buildings and saw all sorts of amusing cards. Then my dad asked where his was -- oops! :p