Tuesday, October 30, 2007

TFTD

Most of us have very narrow, limited ways of understanding what happens to us.
We are generally 'practical' and if something goes wrong we immediately begin to think of how to fix it.

We take a cause-and-effect approach to understand the events around us rather than a circular or symbolic approach.

Perhaps we turn quickly to blaming instead of asking what is the meaning or the message in what is happening.

We see our own experience as the center of events.

We forget that our lives are only today's expression in a line of generations before us.


We become too self-satisfied with our ways of understanding the world.
It may be comforting to think we understand what is going on.
But when we let go of that comfort we open ourselves to a more profound awareness.

Here we learn that facts are not enough to achieve truth.

3 comments:

Enigma said...

I loooove what you write Mel,have you thought about publishing a book of these sayings?

Mel said...

Oh, enigma--how I wish the words came from me (sometimes, anyway....LOL).
Nope, just the reading fairies who visit me on a daily basis via a reading book or thirty that I pull from the shelves in the study.

I always feel better when I can toss them out here--mostly in hopes that the fairies were talkin' to someone else. LOL

But thank you for coming--and do feel free to visit at will. The more, the merrier I say!

Enigma said...

It doesnt matter if you wrote the words or not, that you understand the significance of them and share them with everyone is truly a gift.
I read your blog every day, you remind me of my best girlfriend...a very sweet scorpio.
Keep on inspiring us with your words of wisdom
cheers dears