Tuesday, March 03, 2009

TFTD

Unfinished business doesn't go away.
It keeps repeating itself, until it gets our attention, until we feel it, deal with it, and heal.
That's one lesson we are learning in.
We may not have had the tools, support, or safety we needed to acknowledge and accept pain in our past.
It's okay.
We're safe now.
We have the tools now.

Slowly, carefully, we can begin to open ourselves up to our feelings.
We can begin the process of feeling what we have denied so long - not to blame, not to shame, but to heal ourselves in preparation for a better life.
It's okay to cry when we need to cry and feel the sadness many of us have stored within for so long.
We can feel and release these feelings.
Grief is a cleansing process.
It's an acceptance process.
It moves us from our past, into today.

4 comments:

I, Like The View said...

"until we feel it, deal with it, and heal. . ."

"Grief is a cleansing process.
It's an acceptance process.
It moves us from our past, into today."


thank you

much needed thoughts for today. . .

NoRegrets said...

Oh, but when you feel you have no control WHEN you cry, like this morning at my desk, it makes life a leetle bit difficult.

The CEO said...

I know this is true, it's a process, and I keep going through it a little at a time. It's cathartic. Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll go for it.
Healing is always good.