Saturday, April 20, 2013

Snarky


snark·y  [snahr-kee]  
adjective, snark·i·er, snark·i·est. Chiefly British Slang.
testy or irritable; short.
Origin: 1910–15;  dial. snark  to nag, find fault with (apparently identical with snark, snork  to snort, snore, probably < Dutch, Low German snorken  to snore) 

Huh.  It's not that I've not heard the word before.  It's just that it's not been used to describe ME.Now, I'da said 'frustrated' and 'tired'.
Snarky is a good word.  And it's probably 'spot on' for yesterday.  I wasn't particularly 'loving' or 'gracious' on a number of occasions.
I'm snarky. :-/
I shall attempt to be the recipient of a different adjective today.
Ummm..yeah....that means I'll need to clean up my act--or snarky will get airtime two days running.

And YES...this could be a challenge given the reading book is wayyyyyyyyyyy over in the hallway and I tossed it there.
Not the BEST sign--but it's early!


5 comments:

Ron said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mel, I LOVE THIS POST!

Love the definition.

And yup, I've been known to be snarky as well. PLENTY of times ;-)

Hope you had a super Saturday, dear lady!

(((((( You ))))))

X

Valerie said...

British slang, eh? I'm slipping cos I never heard of it. Snarky, s-n-a-r-k-y ... it has rather a nice ring to it, dontcha think? Perfectly describes my mood sometimes....lol.

Anonymous said...

combine frustrated and tired and it could lead to quite a few uncommon outcomes. I wouldn't think that snarky would be awfully typical for you.

--d

Anonymous said...

I love me some snarky mel...
sure do!
>>>>>>> just saying :)

Carol said...

Hehehe, I too have been known to be snarky in my time BUT rather than say snarky (Since I'm Scottish)I would say I've been a "wee besom" (Pronounced Biz-um). It's Scot's dialect and it means to be a difficult or obstreperous girl or woman.

There you go...now you can ring the changes :-)

C x