
ROFL!!
Okay......so I'm NOT the best cook. I couldn't resist!!
I'm baking. Well, I'm not really baking at this moment--I'm waiting for cupcakes to cool off so I can frost them. And I'm waiting for two pans of brownies to cool off so I can cut them and put them on platters.
No, I'm not having a 'baking moment'......LOL
The Brit shook his head and told me to buy something to take to work tomorrow. We're having a family event at the worksite-- and as always, I'm baking for it.
The last time we had an event I had grand plans for cupcakes.
Of course, those grand plans didn't materialize because of circumstances beyond my control-- and I was racing home at the last minute to slap frosting on the darn things.
And here we are again--awaiting another event and awaiting another chance to frost cupcakes. LOL
I like decorating them--but I'm lacking the fancy stuff to go on 'em. Mostly cuz some girl snatched up the 'pretties' to make cupcakes of her own last time she was home....partly because I didn't plan ahead. (Go figure!) I'm blaming the staff who 'forgot' to tell me the event was this Sunday--until I was leaving, braindead, from work on Friday.
Last time it was a fiasco (the attempt to get them baked, not the event itself.)
LORD only knows what'll go awry this time!!
I just know I have a smelly house and a Brit who keeps eyeballing the goodies, whining that they couldn't possibly need TWO pans of brownies!
Any bets on the number of brownies that will need 'tested' before they go in for the event? LOL
3 comments:
Mmmm cupcakes.
Post pictures when ya done!! :)
I love the way the house smells when something is in the oven!!It's divine!I'm so bad at this baking stuff that it's hilarious,all my adventures have been certified biologically hazardous and not for human consumption by my DH.I wish you all good luck with your cupcakes though!!
Mmmm! Can I help test?
Post a Comment