
Okay--it's true.
I'm a lousey patient.
I never have been fond of being sick.
It interfers with my plans.
And you're suppose to be 'good' when you're sick. I'm not good. I'm not into following directions and I'm not into fitting into some neat little box.
That doesn't alter just because I'm feeling poorly.
I get more determined, more verbal (in the form of whining, apparently) and more obstinant.
No, I don't want soup--I don't want anything.
I want Coke. I don't drink Coke, but it's what I want.
No, I don't want to lay down any more.
I don't want that blanket--I want the blue one with the bears on it.
I need a bath--I'll feel better if I just have a bath with bubbles and smelly stuff.
I smell sick--I hate smelling sick.....
I need gum (why--I don't know...LOL)...(they're not demands mind you--they're verbal outbursts as I go searching for a Coke that we don't have, a blanket that's tucked away somewhere that I can't find and gum that I never, ever chew---LORD help me if I actually LET himself cater to me because I don't feel good!!)
I've officially made myself nutz.
I'm tired of being sick. Do I feel 'better'? Who the heck knows or cares!!
I'm done now!!
HOW I did this for months on end during chemotherapy without killing myself or the people around me, I do not know.
I've lasted all of three days and I'm ready to come out of my skin.
Didn't help that himself entered the house after a few hours at his workplace to announce "It smells like sickness."
THAT'S it!! Windows got opened and another bath was run.
If I was planning to milk this for one more day--those plans got messed with.
I stunk up a house.
A whole house.
I shall choose my perfume very wisely today.
6 comments:
Who cares if you are sick??
I DO, I do.
I sincerely do pray for you to feel better, get well soon, and smell better. ;~))
luv u :~D
Awww.....Mel, I hope you get to feeling better soon.
*sending*: Coke, blanket (blue with bears), gum, bath (with bubbles) and whatever else is needed to speed your recovery
:-)
*sending*: patience to the Brit
;-)
...
:-o
i'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well. i hope you're better real soon.
coke and gum? really?
I hope you feel better soon...before your impatience gets the better of you :)
Sorry I've not been for ages, but I'm just reading through everything you wrote since I last visited.
Wonderful stuff :)
xxmig
Aww I hope you're feeling better really soon!! I hate that sickly smell too; it just overpowers everything. :(
Post a Comment