Thursday, November 09, 2006

I think I'll keep 'im....

It's not exactly a straight journey to get into my heart. It takes all sorts of squiggling and maneuvering. But once you're in there--it's not easy to find your way out, either. I'm okay with me being made that way......but I gotta wonder about the rest of the world finding peace with it. LOL

The poor Brit.
He's tolerated a whole lot the past four weeks with the late hours, working from home, running warp speed with my hair on fire.... And he's been nothing short of wonderful.
Coffee mysteriously appears in front of me. (honestly, sometimes I'm not conscious I've drank the darn things) The cup's generally accompanied by a ruffling of the hair or a kiss to the head as he says something to me that's GENERALLY nondescript--and I'm real responsive to that, lemme tell ya. LOL "Mmmm...yep, we can do that" was what apparently came from my mouth last night.
Apparently the question was: "Shall I order that train I showed you the other evening?"
I wonder if that was planned, dangit!

We have a train on the way. LOL

Last Friday he made a point of 'kidnapping' me. Off we went for dinner--and I made my 'three shops and we're done' idea of 'shopping'. (which took all of an hour, btw)
Monday he was trying to stuff food into me at eight p.m. when I finally recognized the time function on the computer. PASS.....but it's the though that counts, eh?

He tosses zingers at me when I'm grumbling and makes me laugh.
He makes his 'puter play sappy songs for me when I finally do stretch and take a couple minute breather. I'm talking 'the good stuff'...'ancient' by the girls' definition--stuff that makes me smile cuz it's wonderful. Billy Holiday/Frank Sinatra stuff no less.....
He's shoved me in the general direction of bed when it gets too late.
And he only grumbles when the phone rings-- LOL --when he warns people they could be threatening his wellbeing by making him interrupt my 'progress'.

He even finds the 0.5 mechanical pencil lead BEFORE I start disassembling the desk. Cuz he's that darn good.

Four weeks of this and he's maintained rather well.
Hmmm...maybe I'll keep him!

I'll be seeing you;
In all the old, familiar places;
That this heart of mine embraces;
All day through.

In that small cafe;
The park across the way;
The childrens carousel;
The chestnut tree;
The wishing well.

I'll be seeing you;
In every lovely, summers day;
In everything thats bright and gay;
I'll always think of you that way;
I'll find you in the morning sun;
And when the night is new;
I'll be looking at the moon;
But I'll be seeing you.

8 comments:

Revealed said...

LOL @ the it won't always be the same (I hope its ok to club n comment?)
Love to thine own self be true. In fact I think of all the Shakespeare that I've read, that phrase tends to stick deep inside you somewhere and then pop up when you least expect it but when it really counts (or is that just me?). N unlike some of his other thoughts it is SO relevant for NE situation. What was it in? Hamlet?
As for this one *sigh* it just sounds deliciously perfect *judiciously knocking on wood*

Anonymous said...

i agree, he's a keeper. you're very lucky.

starbender said...

the Brit sounds like a wonderful man!
' ]

E in Oz said...

You're both very, very lucky. I suspect you already know that.

xox

skinnylittleblonde said...

He definitely sounds like a keeper!
Have you two only been married four weeks?! If so Congrats on the wedding. If I misunderstood, that ok, Congrats on the Marriage! :)
He sounds like a Very Thoughtful Man & his thoughts are full of you & what would be good for you. I love it, because it shows that he knows if its good for you, its good him too. Just beautiful!

I, Like The View said...

Awwww The Brit

what a trooper. . .

think you deserve each other!

Anonymous G said...

Lovely...just lovely.

You are blessed with the kind of love you deserve. (AND always wanted!)

hugs to you, Mel. Hope things slow down soon..............

Anonymous said...

Keep him! Keep him!
*nodding head energetically*
He is definately an extreme value item. Don't let him get away!

M