It was some kinda day yesterday.......I'm now on plan "M" at the worksite. I keep this up, I'll exhaust the alphabet! LOL Things out of my control keep happening to mess with my plans, dangit!
And a quick lesson smattered in there to remind me that it's NOT all about me--would be the gal who's now taken family medical leave to care for her ailing father. I managed to do what was required to take care of her and her family--plans can wait and did. NOW I'm back to planning plan "M". LOL Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
In the meantime, I went to my infamous Tuesday meeting with the elbow rubbers. *hanging head* I MUST do something with that attitude--it's silliness on my part!
And I came home offended, hurt or relieved last night. I still haven't quite 'figured it out'. LOL
I came home a grandmother.
I came home being referred to as "an overachiever".
The Brit shook his head and patted me on the head when I told him of the day.
He can be a bit patronizing some moments.....LOL
I got glared at by the other folks around the administrative tables. I would seem my executed plan "L" for delivery of services reaped a nice financial reward in the first week--nicer than programs twice our size--which led to me to being glared at and being labled an 'overachiever'. LOL My only response: The kiddos and families deserve the best shot we can give them, dontchathink?
I meant it. We oughta be busting our rears to give it to them--we're talking people's lives.
I also didn't get asked.
Therein lies the silly question I've been tossing around in my head.
I didn't get ASKED to head a new treatment program a few hours north of this little town with almost twice the student population.
This is where the Brit started looking a bit panicked stricken.
Twice the population--three people around the administrative table had gotten an 'invitation' to consider the position.
None of them took the agency up on the invitation.
But I wasn't asked.
LOL So what's wrong with me?
I had answers to that! (cuz I was hellbent in 'figuring it out'....LOL)
Too mouthy.
Too belligerent.
Too much NOT into following directions and NOT being assimilated into an 'elbow rubber'.
Too crappy in the area of budgets. (I sorta ruled that out when himself reminded me I was JUST called an 'overachiever'--....LOL)
Too centered on kids we serve and not centered enough on 'agency'.
Too determined to wear Levi's on Fridays? LOL
Can you tell my brain was on overdrive?
But I wasn't asked.
I told himself I wasn't sure if I was offended, hurt or relieved.
He asked if I would have taken the position, HAD I been asked.
Well.....no.......
I like my little corner of the world.
G-d let's me know when it's time to move and He hasn't tapped me on the shoulder for this one---that I know of. LOL
This is when the Brit started scratching his head.
Well.....they didn't ASK!
He suggested that *I* ask.
Well, shoot.
That's too freaking simple! LOL
And what if it's about the Levi's on Friday!!???!!
*frowning*
If it's about the Levi's on Friday--they can kiss my butt!!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
They didn't ask U - cuz they need U right where U are!
' ]
349 day 'til we can "trick-or-treat again??? Awwww, seems like 4-ever!
: )
are we talking Red Tab? 501s? bootcut?
I think a lot depends on what we're really talking about
(oh and don't forget to dish our the Crunchies. . . then noone will care you're wearing Levi's)
(seriously, I'm with star - why would they want to loose you?)
Is it the same people you're working for who didn't ask you to do another job?
Because if so, obviously they want you to carry on *over-achieving* right where you are.
And what's with these people anyway...so much personal stuff when you're having a work meeting? That's no way to get a job done!
I agree with the brit..ask them why they didn't ask you.
Post a Comment