Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I don't WANNA get dressed.

I started the day JUST fine yesterday.
And quickly gave that up.


All it took was getting dressed....or trying to get dressed.
Have I ever mentioned that I don't like to get dressed?
Well, I don't. Not in clothes, not in pajamas--changing clothing is a hassle and a half. It's one of those decision making processes that I'd just as soon avoid. LOL

Gotta find a top that goes with a jacket/sweater that goes with the slacks/skirt that'll match whateverelse you've got to put on to make it all 'look' like it was meant to 'go' together.
HEY...I'll bet that's a part of my passion for 'oppo' socks!! You don't have to worry about getting them to 'coordinate' or 'match'. (and if you grab two different socks, you can simply don them and call 'em good to go!) (what amazing things one discovers about oneself when it's put to black and white!)

Needless to say--all was grand until it was time to get dressed for the workplace.
Longer day at the office--administrative meeting to deal with. (YIPPEE---*rolling eyes*)
It took me a good dozen attempts to get dressed.
And they weren't 'neat' attempts.

On, off, toss. On, off, toss. On, off, toss and grumble. LOL On, off, toss, grumble and shoot the Brit one of 'those' looks.
ON, off, toss into the hallway and feel 'entitled'.
On, off, toss and actually make it to the mirror in the bathroom to do the hair.
BACK to the bedroom, off, toss and try again.
You get the picture.

If I'da had the camera and the time, I'da taken a shot of the disaster area.
I'm sure a piece of me was feeling equally entitled to the moment cuz himself has slugged me (albeit, playfully) on the shoulder.

I left the house in a near huff .... the hallway, bathroom and bedroom littered with articles of clothing and 'stuff'.
(oh DARN that the Brit had the day off of work and had to 'deal' with the disaster) *snickering*

And ALL day long I dealt with people greeting me with "You look nice today!" Sheeesshhh...

I practiced saying "Thanks." as opposed to popping off with "Guess that tells me what I look like the rest of the 364 days of the year, huh..." (THAT tells ya where I was operating out of yesterday!! LOL)
I did tell the truth to the boss who greeted me with "You look nice today."

"Oh no....THIS is desperation to find something that halfway fits, that doesn't create a wrinkle down your rearend or require constant tugging to keep the crotch up to where it's suppose to be. HOW people consciously CHOOSE to 'sag' their clothing and have their crotch to their knees is beyond my comprehension. Mine's only halfway there and it's making me crazy."

And as a testimony to the unplanned 'you look nice' moment, I showed off my socks.
Yep.......blue socks with my 'settled for' grey slacks and white sweater (and appropriate scarf/accessories.....*rolling eyes*).

LOL He was ever so glad for that information, I'm certain.

And when I got home last evening--no tossed stuff in the hallway/bathroom/bedroom.
What a good little fella.

There's a problem though.
It's a brand new day and---you've guessed it--it's time to get dressed....
*evil laugh*

3 comments:

Latharia said...

You absolutely crack me up! Do you remember Garanimals? I have friends who say they should make them for grownups!

I, Like The View said...

blue hat
red hat
yellow hat
oops


(think we've already touched on Sandra Boynton, haven't we?)

I used to hate getting dressed for going to work (unless I'd laid it all out the night before), exactly the same story as you describe

sometimes I'd phone in sick cos I couldn't settle for what to wear

(can't do that anymore!)

mig bardsley said...

Tuesdays and Thursdays I can't even start until I know if I'm going swimming or not!
Swimming cossie or pants and bra?
AArrrgggh!