Seriously---I haffta do some clothes shopping.
My whole life.......and I mean my whole LIFE..I've sworn I would NOT do polyester pants with elastic waist bands.
I donned a pair of those suckers when I turned thirty--the kind with the seam stitched up the front. LOL I didn't last six hours and I threw 'em off and put the Levis back on. I figured I turned thirty and needed to know what I wasn't going to become or do! LOL
I SWORE I wasn't gonna do polyester pants with elastic waist bands......yet I'm dangerously close.
Close enough for himself to refer to me as 'you old polyester woman, you'. (I let him live but he is limping!)
No, there's no elastic waist band--but they're polyester slacks and that counts.
People at work are 'ooohhhh-ing' and 'ahhhhh-ing' and making statements about me 'dressing like an administrator all of a sudden?'.
I NEED TO GO CLOTHES SHOPPING!
When the only thing that fits without making a wrinkle across your rearend is the polyester/spandex slacks that you've shoved to the back of the closet cuz you loathe them (and gave up wearing them YEARS ago, when you were sizes smaller, for anything BUT dressed up occasions)-- it's a 'sad day, indeed'.
*grumbling*
"You old polyester woman, you"........and I let him LIVE?
*grumbling*
4 comments:
wow, that polyester must be having some affect on you. i can't believe you let him live.
nooooooooooooooooooo
%-/
not polyester pants...
*shakes head*
can't you just buy a size or two smaller jeans and wear a long jumper that covers your backside?
mind you, having never worn them I don't know - they might be quite comfortable!
:-)
Truly he must be a good man to have lived through that! Much better to be called an old polyester woman than an old plastic woman, though.
Hey~ go buy yourself some stretch Levi's! You deserve it!
I gave up on jeans for the opposite reason...too tight!
But I discovered loose linen trousers...divinely comfortable and well...quite flattering.
And Ever So smart!!!
(If I could only remember to iron them)
Post a Comment