Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Oy brother.....

Yeah, so I set an appointment for next Monday with a physician.

Can I just show up and get a physical and talk with a doctor?
Apparently NOT!
(k.....I'm a bit grouchy about this one........)
One doc calls another doc--and pretty soon you're getting a call back about fasting bloodwork and tests.
*rolling eyes*
C'mon........we already DID bloodwork when we had half the people present for the appointment I didn't cancel cuz of snow.
WHY we're repeating it or doing more......---arrrgghhhh!!!!

Fine.
I'll show up and do their silly stuff.

I JUST wanted a physical for work and someone to talk to about the unplanned weight loss.
I KNEW I shoulda went to another office and a different physician to avoid the reactive 'stuff' that apparently comes with having history with me as a patient.
*sigh*

I wouldn't have liked this AFTER being seen.
I certainly don't like it BEFORE I've been seen.

Did I follow through with going to another physician? NO.
I wanted the quickest solution so I could be 'done' with people worrying and fretting.

*pausing and checking*
Those are crappy motives, huh?
*I* wanted to get it over with and stop the reactions/concerns of other people.
.........oy..........

See something wrong with that picture, Mel?

Then there's probably something wrong with my plans to cancel that appointment and setting one up with a doctor in the town next to us, huh?

*sigh*
Sometimes I piss mySELF off.

7 comments:

Behind Blue Eyes said...

Oh when I was pregnant and sick, I spent so much time on the phone aranging things between lab, Drs, office, hospitals etc...that I should have gotten a paycheck. I'm in the medical field and it was complicated for me. I hate to think what it might have been like for someone who knows nothing about it.

katherine. said...

if you'd rather see the doc in the town next to you...then go ahead...just see one so you know.

Knowing is good.

Anonymous G said...

(((((Mel)))))

Just go.

(((((Mel)))))

Take care of you. You KNOW you should. Take the advice you give to others and GO.

(((((Mel)))))

Anonymous said...

Too late, Mel. You spilled the beans! LOL Just go and get it over with!
M

I, Like The View said...

:-) and ((((mel)))

E in Oz said...

I'm probably not allowed to be....but I'm worried about you.

Go? To stop me worrying? Yep? Good. :-)

((((((((((mel))))))))))

Trish said...

I'm worrying and fretting about you. Go! (((Hugs to you Mel)))