Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The wounded look.......

There's something wrong with our bed.
Okay--there's something wrong with our bed FOR ME.
I can't seem to stay in it.
I lay there and everything in my back seizes up on me.

And I mean seizes up--as in pain.
That's been happening off and on since the back surgery.
Now it's more on than off.

The intention has been to ignore the darn problem and just 'deal'.
'Deal' seems to mean that I awaken a couple of hours later, roll outta bed and hold my breath cuz it's not a fun experience.......and find my way to a few tylenol.......and stumble to the guestroom bed to lay corner to corner and fight for a comfy spot and a few hours of sleep.
I'm not pleased.
Himself is neurotic enough to wonder if it's about him.
Oy........
So I'm gonna research.....cuz I can't abide by this slipping outta bed to sleep in the guestroom deal.
PASS!!!!!!

Makes me cranky.
We talked it and he looked wounded.....and I'm STILL creeping out half way through the night to do painkillers.
Maybe one of those 'select your firmness' beds is a good plan?
Cuz he can't do soft and I'm pretty clear my back isn't going to do firm anymore.
Waking up to Snoopy isn't ALL bad....it's just not who I wanted to be sharing the bed with, dangit!

Stupid mattress.
Stupid back....
*grumbling*
Sleep is a waste of time anyway....how about if I just don't do it--I mean, I'm not doing a whole heck of a lot of it anyway, right?
*grumbling*

5 comments:

Latharia said...

Isn't it amazing what the little things in life mean to us when we don't have them? So many people take restful sleep for granted, I think!

I, Like The View said...

been there

done that


(not the surgery, but the back pain)

I know this is a UK site, but it says NASA technology, so you might have the equivalent in the States? try it if you can:

http://www.tempur.co.uk/tempuruk/freeinfo/

(I used to go see a physio for my back problems - she advised folding a duvet in half and putting it under the bedsheet that helped too, as well as reguarly doing all the exercises for various muscles in the back region)(I don't go any more, cos she fixed me, but I still do the exercises)

other thoughts (oh I'm just so helpful today!): is it the chair you sit at your desk at? your shoes (no kidding - sometimes we need better sole/foot support)?

if I have any more (thoughts) I'll pop back

kiki said...

i've heard good things about the sleep number bed. i haven't tried one myself though. hope things are better soon.

mig bardsley said...

Yes, I've been there too.
Get a LARGE new firm bed with a good mattress and the something soft under the sheet as ILTV suggests is very good too. And lying on your back with your knees up on a soft floor or a yoga mat is a very very good quick fix. (in a warm place though...no good freezing yourself).
But do something..you need your back to work for a long time! Not to mention lack of sleep and crankiness!

E in Oz said...

Acupuncture. Seriously. My back has not hurt since I started having it in September/October.

Or...you could get one of those split beds where you can have different hardness/softness on each side.