Friday, March 27, 2009

Have I ever mentioned I don't like shopping?

Yeah, well.....I don't like shopping.

I mean I REALLY don't like shopping.
And it was now or never.

4-8 inches of the white stuff forcasted for tomorrow.
Great, huh? *sigh*
Stupid snow.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....WE're having a baby shower.
Sunday we're having a baby shower.....
As in 'I'm a part it'.

*chuckling*


I just have to show up and deal with the fella who's making coffee for everyone.
C'mon........what better place to have a baby shower than a coffee house?!
Works!


The owner's a good fella.....really likes the girl who frequents the privately owned place on a regular basis. (let this be one of the very FEW habits she picks up from yours truly, please.....tyvm!)

So--shower present shopping was tonight....or never.
Yep.
Shopping happened.
And I went to the baby section of the store she's registered at.

O
M
G

BAD plan.
BAD PLAN!!!!

Yeah, yeah.....I got out of there with way less damage than I thought.
And there's now a pile of 'baby stuff' covering the coffee nook floor.

Only thing left is the wrapping!

Woooooohooooooooooo!!!!! Go ME!!!!


k....

WAIT.

There's still the shower thingy.

O
M
G

Have I ever mentioned how fond I am of social events?

Yeah....well, I'm not.

Oh well, huh?

Oh.
And did I mention this is where I'm about to finally meet the mother to the other other boy?
Yaknow.......the one who's the dad to the baby?
YAknow--the one's who's sharing a household with the girl.
Yeah......that other other boy...

Oh......and his sister, and his niece....and his sister-in-law....

Fun, eh?

Oh yeah.....



AND, 'least I forget-- the girls father has a new wife I'll be meeting at the shower--in case you're interested in that dynamic as well.


OH boy....


k......


Please ignore me....



<-- apparently about to go into 1-800-create-a-crisis mode



OMG OMG OMG!!



O
M
G
!
!
!


(how'm I doin'?....I'm thinkin' by Sunday I'll have it down pat....)

6 comments:

Ron said...

OMG, Mel...you make me laugh!!!

I too, don't like shopping OR social events! And it's funny, because most people think I'm very social and love parties and gatherings, but I don't.

I'm more one on one with people.

But I bet you got the baby all sorts of wonderful goodies for the shower!!

So listen, just keep a cup of coffee in your hand at all times. I find that drinking copious amounts of caffeine, speed social events along, so that they end faster!

HAHHAHAHAHA!

Have a wonderful time dear lady!

The family is going to LOVE you!!!

X

Unknown said...

You are just too funny...but I hate shopping to...and what is up with the freaking weather?

Fire Byrd said...

Families..... they are soooo complicated nowadays, who is related to who, how they fit in where.
Just sit back as the grandmother to be and enjoy!

...... it is your girl's shower isn't it or have I lost the plot?
xxx

Pamela said...

Mel, you are too funny! You will survive this and be all the richer for the experience. :)

I, Like The View said...

crikey

and now it's Sunday

hoping that you're feeling chipper. . .

. . .wow

sending lots of peacefilled thoughts

katherine. said...

when my girls talk about their boyfriends parents...they use one specific unit of measurement.

How likely I am to be able to share grandchildren with them.

rolling my eyes

That was not shopping. That was Gramma BUYING. Big difference.

this family tree is complicated....laughing...