"You work too much."
Well, thanks very much for noticing--I have a whole bucketload of responsibilities and we're not talking widgets, we're talking peoples' lives.
"You still work too much. Wanna tell me about last weeks work week?"
Oh good G-D---NO....of all the weeks to pick, let's not pick LAST week!
(or the week prior, or the week prior to that.......OR that week prior to the week that was prior to the week prior.....LOL)
This got me the all knowing shrug.
"Yup, you work too much."
Okay--perhaps I work too much....it's been a tad nutz with all the changes in funding/budget/staffing roles and responsibilities.
If not me (since it IS my responsibility!) then who?
"The supervisors under you? You do hire capable people, right? And you do pay them decent money, correct?"
I locked my lips--seemed the right thing to do.
"Where ya going from here?"
Shoot.
I need to work harder on those deception skills. I used to be darn good at 'em!
"....Work, huh?"
Explaining about the family day activities and the importance of showing up--didn't seem to carry a whole lot of weight.
"You don't want your people to fill that role with the families?"
I need superglue for the lips--cuz it didn't matter what I said, I could hear how lame it sounded. LOL Maybe cotton for the ears woulda been a better choice?
"You just keep running it til the wheels fall off, Mel. One way or another, you'll get a break from all that work. Either you'll take it or G-d'll make arrangments. By the way........How's that bronchitus doing?"
*grumbling*
He might be right, but I don't have to LIKE IT!
4 comments:
take the break mel, it's never pretty when g-d makes the arrangements for you.
yes, Mel. What kiki said...
*hugs*
Yes Mel, what they said !!!!!!
sit down,
put ur feet up,
take a deep breath thru ur nose
exhale thru ur mouth
that's it.
LOL
unfortunately it will all be there tomorrow
luv ya
OK, you FEEL like you need to work just a bit more and I'm guessing, that no one else can do it just how you want it done.
But you don't have to ACT on those feelings:)
See, I'm listening to your reading fairies too :)
Post a Comment