To compose our minds mean that we calm our emotions. Speaking in anger, frustration, or without careful thought, often leads to regret and misfortune. We cannot recall the hastily spoken word that destroys the friendship, crushes the heart, or ruins the trust. The thoughtfully spoken word eases pain, brings happiness, stimulates good will, creates courage, renews faith, bolsters a fallen ego, puts laughter in the heart and a sparkle in the eye. Intent is the key word in communication. If we intend that our words do not hurt but bring good cheer, we will speak in a manner that will see us rise high in the hearts of all with whom we communicate. Are they NUTS?
WHATever...
Okay.....maybe there's more than one way to look at things....
I have a mouth. And I'm pretty convinced that G-d intends I should use it. LOL
Yes, I also have two ears.
Really. I do listen well--even if I don't 'obey'.
I'll do what I do.
WHATever...
Okay.....maybe there's more than one way to look at things....
I have a mouth. And I'm pretty convinced that G-d intends I should use it. LOL
Yes, I also have two ears.
Really. I do listen well--even if I don't 'obey'.
I'll do what I do.
Just cuz someone 'says'--doesn't mean I oughta 'do'.....it's just them sayin'....
And if I do opt for 'doing'--it's still a choice and I don't get to 'blame' someone for the doings.
Truth is....
My mouth gets me in trouble. (like that's a separate part that I'm not accountable for? DARN mouth.....)
Being the quick think that I am, I can't even play the "I didn't think" card.
I think very rapidly.
More than likely it's "I didn't care enough to exercise good judgement"....and sometimes it's even "I'm right, you're wrong--so pfffffffttttt, there ya go!!!"
Oops.
"Oops" my arse....
Truth is....
My mouth gets me in trouble. (like that's a separate part that I'm not accountable for? DARN mouth.....)
Being the quick think that I am, I can't even play the "I didn't think" card.
I think very rapidly.
More than likely it's "I didn't care enough to exercise good judgement"....and sometimes it's even "I'm right, you're wrong--so pfffffffttttt, there ya go!!!"
Oops.
"Oops" my arse....
It's rare that I stumble into a 'mouth' problem that I didn't intend to create in the first place.
And if I can hide behind "I didn't think", then I can be the victim instead of the offender.
Then I can squiggle out of being accountable.....hopefully.....
Rawr.
I don't like when he's right and I'm wrong.
4 comments:
Most of the time, we never learn what is right until we discover that we were wrong... and we can only do that if our anger and frustration makes us say what we are thinking. I cannot tell you how many times I have learned what I really thought about something only after I exploded in anger. Which gave me the saying, "I learn what is true to me when I hear my apology." C:)
Oh Mel....reading this post was like reading myself.
You and I are truly two peas in a pod.
Yes...I have said things in haste without thinking, and my words have gotten me into trouble.
BUT...there are also many times when I consciously intended on my words starting trouble.
Sometimes I just gotta GRRRRROWL!!!!
I LOVE being a LIBRA!
Have a wonderful weekend!
X
To err is human......some fairy
upon occasion when there is a situation I feel VERY strongly about...and have yet to be actually involved in...I have been known to give warning and suggest things get fixed "or I'm gonna be me"
sometimes that works.
I have phases of my temper...but usually others can hear it coming...
as if that excuses it...rolling my eyes.
there is a lot in that first few sentences I have personal experience with...
and more than a few times
Post a Comment