Friday, April 03, 2009

One good thing fairy.....


One way to become enthusiastic is to look for the plus sign. To make progress in any difficult situation, you have to start with what's right about it and build on that.
-- Norman Vincent Peale
Beginning our days with a positive mental outlook is a great depression chaser.
Simply lifting our heads and looking up and out instead of down will make us feel better.
Although we can't spend all our time staring at the sky, we can train ourselves to look for the best in ourselves and others.

Even in the middle of difficulty or pain, we have choices.
We can choose a gloom-and-doom attitude and endlessly replay the thoughts that accompany it.
Or we can step back and find the one good thing.

We may be blinded with pain.
The situation may appear hopeless, utterly bleak.
But we are equal to it; in our pain there is at least one good thing.
We can change even the most difficult situations with an attitude of hope and positive expectation.
Approaching each day with a hopeful heart will give us a different approach to our troubles.

Today help me find the one good thing.

10 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

Today help me find the one good thing.
:)
It seems that everyday that I begin with by touching my toes is a better day. It reminds me not only to be thankful that I have all of them and that they are attached to these legs, but also that I have been blessed with mobility and furthermore, flexibility, to make it through whatever the day holds.
p&l Mel!

Mel said...

Amen to that!

ONE GOOD THING....I can certainly do that...

Right? LOL

I, Like The View said...

<----- blinded and hopeless

<----- trying not to panic

<----- looking for the one good thing in each day

<----- finding comfort in the words here

<----- very thankful they are here

very thankful

thank you

Fire Byrd said...

one small step in front of the other works.
and the knowledge that there are always choices, always
xx

The CEO said...

I view waking up breathing as a good sign for me. I can't bend over and touch my toes, so I went after something a bit more basic. After all, the first time you don't wake up breathing, you may have new, unknown challenges to deal with. G-d will let you know.

Monty

Pamela said...

Ahhh.... I do so enjoy visiting Mels dream. I always leave it feeling uplifted.

Anonymous said...

i have food, i have shelter, i am loved...

each and every day, that's an automatic three good things :)

Ron said...

I would like to ditto planetcity1 on this one.

I have food, I have shelter, I am loved....

Amen!

Thank you! You are SOOO right!!!

X to you Mel!

katherine. said...

and I'd add...that I have ones to love.

I am thankful for that everyday...

{{{{{ mel }}}}}

I, Like The View said...

<---- revisiting these wise words

thank you