Sunday, August 02, 2009

Being missed.......

Arm around me, plopped into the middle of the bench swing on the patio, I got to drape my legs over himself's lap and snuggle up to his chest whilest he told me about their evening at the ballpark followed by the day doing 'shop til we drop' at the BIG mall.

*shudder*
Better them than I.....that's for sure.

It was busy. It was noisy. The 26YO had a grand time--as did himself..... And he missed me.

That's a nice thing, to be missed.




And then he noted he's been missing me a lot, as of late.

And did I know the last time we'd sat like that on the patio.....together....snuggled up, legs over lap?



I got sad.

I'm still sad.

Putting that into black and white makes me even sadder......







......shoot.......

6 comments:

Lia said...

Oh Mel, don't be sad, you two will be able to reconnect soon, once you stick the 26yr old on a plane back to the UK.
Nice to know you are missed though.Not long now.

Much love,
Lia xx

Fire Byrd said...

I'm sorry your sad. And I really hope it won't be long till the happy Mel comes back.
BTW fab pic below.
xx

Anonymous G said...

Oh, but you DID it! Porch time, with legs over lap.

I see more and more of this in your future...

(I do!!)

xo

katherine. said...

yes...you were actually snuggling on the swing...so THAT is a good thing...

{{{{{{{ mel }}}}}}}

he missed you...that is nice...don't be sad....

Ron said...

I think this is so sweet, Mel!

Romantic.

And what I like to call, "Lovey-Dovey Time."

It's times such as this, that allows couples to remember just how much they love one another.

Sweet.


X

skinnylittleblonde said...

Awww, so glad you have the wisdom to appreciate the moments sadness, simply because I know that it means you guys recognize and appreciate something beautiful...enough to miss it.