Sunday, August 09, 2009

He's coming back.....when?!

This........is Mr. Dragon.
(I'da shown you Mrs. Dragon too, but she was busily chomping down her supper and that's just gross......)

Mr. Dragon has happily grown in his little kingdom.
He eats crickets and wax wormy thingies.

This--is the 'dead cricket hopping' cage.

Yup.....the little suckers don't have a clue why they're there and I ain't tellin' 'em.

I especially ain't tellin' 'em cuz whilest himself is over there--yours truly gets to send wax wormy thingies and crickets to their death.
Yup.

Mel gets to feed Mr. and Mrs. Dragon.

Now---the good news is I don't actually haffta touch any of 'em.
Wax wormy thingies come from a little carton and go to the Dragon's bowl via a plastic spoon.
This--is very good.


The 'dead cricket hopping' cage has tubes the soon-to-become-a-meal crickets innocently crawl into.
This is the tube that I then carry to the cage and shake the crickets out of.

They hop.

They sing.

And about three days later--all's silent in the Dragon household.

And I have a happy Mr. and Mrs. Dragon.


Doesn't Mr. Dragon look happy?

(This is his little dragon 'happy face'--you'll just haffta trust that one......)



(Ummm........when is he coming back, again?......)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know that Mr. and Mrs. Dragon are happy...
and thanks for explaining how they get fed.

Spadoman said...

I was talkin' to the Mr. dragon the other day and he told me that he likes the little waxie things you send down the tubes.

Mel said...

*laughing* I'm thinkin' you were talking to the crickets. LOLOL

;-)

Ron said...

Oh...this is much too cute, Mel!

I laughed my tush off at this one!

I'm the same the way. I know they have to eat em', but I don't want to SEE it!!!

Mr. Dragon is adorable!

LOVE his smile!

X

ashley said...

The cricket contraption is neat. My friend doesn't have a set-up like that, just catches them in a paper sack for transfering.
Mr. Dragon is very cute in pics but I wouldn't wwant to have to care for Mr and Mrs Dragon. Props to you for taking it on.

katherine. said...

<--- thankful for no meal photos!

ya got your own wild kingdom right there